• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Shapes Have Disappeared? [2019]

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several custom made outlines that I named and saved as Custom Shapes.  I have used these shapes repeatedly in the past, but now when I click on the Custom Shape Tool they are no longer listed - they have unexplicably disappeared.  Normally I would just redraw the shapes, but these are complicated outlines that took hours to draw the first time around.  Is there anyway to figure out how to recover these?  I don't understand why Photoshop would have deleted them?  Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Go to Window > Shapes, they should be stored there. Photoshop never deletes Custom Presets.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 8.00.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fallcrest, make sure that you are using Photoshop 2020, aka photoshop 21 to get the shapes panel. (not photoshop CC 2019, aka photoshop 20)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an oversight on the part of Adobe. They really should tell people (and make a big point of it) when they're going to change anything "legacy" that we're counting on will make it into the new version, especially when they arbitrarily move and recategorize things and regular updates are all but compulsory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto- was this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the drop down with legacy  is not available in the option bar, you need to go to the shapes panel. (go to the menu Windows/Shapes to show it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just like to give a comprehensive answer in any case that someone still has this issue as I have just come across it nearly a year after this was posted when I updated to the newest version of PS. You have to go into program files > adobe > adobe photoshop > scroll down or search for Legacy Shapes and more.csh file > drag it into the shapes window in photoshop and they should show up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on a Mac, same issue. Can't find the legacy shapes. The folder you guys refered to are empty and I don't have the option of adding Legacy shapes in the shapes menu.

I'm stuck with these new completely useless shapes they added in (trees, flowers, BOATS???)

The ONLY time I'm using these shapes are for the simple things like envelopes, arrows etc... don't see the use of adding boats and flowers...

Can I download the legacy file for mac somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you do need to open the Shapes panel, found in the Windows menu.

In there, you will find legacy shapes in its hamburger local menu, on the top right.

this entry is NOT found in the shapes drop down of the Option bar, or when doing a right-click with the shapes tool active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcJYH6VizkY If anyone is still struggling with this here is a link to how to restore all shapes. I've just done it and its a quick fix. 

Thanks

Mark 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the legacy shapes to appear on the menu but when youleft click nothing appears.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pete31668485ovqd 

What version of Photoshop do you have?

• Open the Shapes panel from the Window menu (not options bar)
  • Open the Shapes panel menu (lines in upper right)
  • Scroll down to Legacy Shapes and click the disclosure triangle

Take a screenshot and use the Insert Image button to insert it into a Reply window

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Jane.  I wasn't clicking the arrow before but the word,  (expecting it to open as it usually does.)   Now i can get to being artistic thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @pete31668485ovqd , and I'm glad you're up and running again.

The Shapes panel (Window menu) is for managing shapes. Once Shape Groups are created, deleted, or reordered, they will also appear that way in the options panel.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I decided not to import my settings for Photoshop 2024. There was just too much accumulated bloat from previous versions slowing everything down. So after opening the Shapes Panel, I went to the Panel menu and clicked on Legacy shapes and more.

Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 1.00.56 PM.png

The folder was added, but at the bottom of the list where I had to scroll all the way down to get at it.

So I just dragged the folder to the top, and now they are readily available.

I also checked large thumbnail view for a better look at the shapes.

Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 12.50.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines