Dark Edges?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created separate layers with the rectangle tool, filled with color, and used the multiply setting for the image. I'm wondering how to get rid of the dark edges that look like a black line around the rectangles of color blocking. They are not overlapping, because even when I drag the rectangle much farther down there is still a dark edge.

I'm new to PS and have tried to find answers, but I'm so new I don't even know how to look it up. Any help is appreciated! Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 2.27.01 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of this so that we may see the layers as identified in the layers palette. 

Have you tried turning the visibility of the individual layers on/off by clicking on the eye icon(s) in the layers palette?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clicked the layer visibility eye and the shadow, or dark line, remains

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 3.28.55 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you are using Photoshop and this is the Photoshop Elements forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The coloured rectangles are shape layers, so it is possible you have a stroke set.

If you Alt (Opt) click the eye icon for one of the coloured rectangle layers, that will turn the other layers off so you know for sure the selected layer has the black outline.

Then select any of the Shape tools and check the options bar. The Fill colour shows on the left, and the Stoke colour on the right.  I am guessing the stroke is set to black with a low thickness value. Click on the stroke colour and select the icon with the diagonal line, which means no stroke.

image.png

You have added a second layer mask to one of your Curves layers.  Was that intentional?

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Layers panel click on one of the Rectangle layers, then go to Window>Properties and make sure there is no Stroke.

prpp.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines