Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data-driven grahics

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends,

I am in the process of creating multiple designs from a template. I want to automate the whole process as there are around 7000 designs I need to create from the main template. I checked the Creating data-driven graphics in Photoshop article but it creates without resizing (the variable here is text so the "Pixel Replacement" option is not there). And I dont want to open all the files for resizing them. Any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Rajesh

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

I have uploaded a .zip archive:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bejqr2p2g3rdrk2/ps-variable-demo.zip

Contents:

* dataset.csv = simple test data source file

* demo-test.psd = Photoshop file for test export

* Resize layer to 2277px.jsx = Script to resize targeted layer content to 2277px wide

* Variable-Resize-Demo.atn = Action file that references the script with other steps

There are also two folders:

* Export to Datasets = Original export of data sets x2 .psd files

* Action Output = Batch action output resize

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes merry Christmas it not here yet but you a head of us. SO MERRY Christmas

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merry Christmas to all

Stephen_A_Marsh‌ thanks for the help, its working as expected. I am again going through the thread and trying to consume the details. I will hit this thread again once I get blocked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to be of help, do post back if you get stuck. Although actions are the simplest form of automation, they are not always easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen_A_Marsh‌ in the step of deleting the scripts action, I am stuck on creating new one. When I click "create new action" the action is created as a separate action as shown below:

scripts.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You clicked on the create new Action icon in the action palette. What you needed to do was to ddelete his script step then click the record icon to record your script step that would run the script you programmed. them click the stop record icon...

The action Palette is a full function action editor.

An action would not be able to change a text leyers width to match the canvas width without knowing both of their current size.. A script would not have a problem doing that.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Example
Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STEP 2 - EDIT THE ACTION:

1) As the action has the install location of the script on my system, you will need to delete the action step “Scripts” and insert the script into the action using your scripts installed location.

After dragging the ”scripts” action step to the trash icon in the actions window, use the actions window’s options menu to “insert menu item”, then select the file menu/scripts/Resize layer to 2277px

Ensure that the script steps appear in the same order as the image in my previous post.

After deleting the script step recorded on my machine, you need to then use the menu on the top right of the action palette and *insert menu item*, then go to the file menu, scripts, resize layer to 2277px and you should then have the script inserted into the action using your installed script path. Ensure that you drag the script to the appropriate position in the action steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are looking for? I have batch automated the resizing of the text width and positioning of the text relative to the yellow bar graphic…

7.png

21.png

I am getting the feeling that there are more unknowns/undisclosed issues than I originally expected! :]

I am hoping that you don’t wish to distort the text of the 21 character version to fit the same height/space as the 7 character version…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines