• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugging photoshop cs plugins

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2005 Dec 21, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I hope there's a kind soul out there who has a clue as to how I can get unstuck :-)

Using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET, v. 7.1.3088 and the Adobe Photoshop CS SDK on Windows XP "home edition" (Vaio pentium 4, 1.5 gb, 160GB hard drive) I cannot start Photoshop.exe (via "Start" from the VC++ Debug menu) for a debugging session. Photoshop starts to come up, then puts up an alert saying "An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application". I am able to start Photoshop via the "Start without Debugging" Debug menu item. I reinstalled Photoshop, but this made no difference. I am able to start and debug my fledgeling filter plugin using ImageReady rather than Photoshop, but I really need to do it under Photoshop itself.

Maybe there's a command line switch to Photoshop ?? Hope against hope.

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot ...

--Paul
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2005 Dec 25, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "Attach to Process..." feature in .NET.

1. Install your plug-in.
2. Start Photoshop normally.
3. In .NET use "Process..." menu item (i think it is in Debug menu) and attach to the running Photoshop.
4. Set your breakpoints and execute your plug-in.

NOTE: Depending on your plug-in, you can detach, fix bugs, build, attach, debug. Very efficient way of fixing bugs without relaunching Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2007 Aug 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the Temp folder that was the scratch disk in C: and now cannot open Photoshop CS at all.

The scratch disk was filling up the C: so I looked for it and deleted the folder as could not access the files inside.

Please help me restore PS CS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2007 Aug 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
>I deleted the Temp folder that was the scratch disk in C: and now cannot open Photoshop CS at all.

Were you using the Photoshop SDK? What kind of development was it?

If you aren't a Photoshop developer, I'd recommend the regular Photoshop forum for faster help.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines