• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default New Doc Sizes.txt for Photoshop CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before Photoshop CC 2017 I've been using my own set of default new document sizes storing them in a localization file 'Default New Doc Sizes.txt'. But now after copying the file into /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Locales/{locale_code}/Support Files/ folder — the app just ignores it giving me instead lots of standard sizes which I don't need at all and would like to get rid of.

The question is why does Photoshop CC 2017 ignore the 'Default New Doc Sizes.txt' file and where do I put my default doc sizes in order to replace the standard ones.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't help with your text file, but if you have these working in CC2015 then the thread below from JJMack may help

New Documents in CC 2017

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave, but that's not a solution unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more thought to try before I have to leave it to someone else.

The old legacy "New File" dialogue is still available in cc2017. You need to set it in Preferences - General . Have you tried it to see if that dialogue picks up your doc sizes?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed my Custom Sizes are now under the "Recent" Category transferred over from 2015.5

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines