• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diagonal pixel shifting after auto-aligning layers

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a photoshoot I used a series of six photos made from the same spot, which I wanted to auto-align, to make sure thay match, before I start masking out details I didn't like.

The auto-aligning worked absolutely perfect, until I started zooming in on one of the photos. I then noticed in five out of six photos a large amount of diagonal pixel shifting throughout the frame. Only the lowest layer wasn't affected by this pixel shifting.

Below a fragment of the base layer (not affected):

L-Foto 1 copy.png

And this is the same fragment of one of the top layers, after the auto-align:

L-Foto 2 copy.png

The shifting is clearly visible in the hard edges next to the orange arrows, and you can see the shifting goes through the entire frame..

I also attached the high-resolution screenshots.

After repeating the auto-align on the original layers I noticed the same results, so it's not a one-time error.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

Specs:

- Windows 11

- Photoshop 25.9.0

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it has come up before and it is not unusual to have to nudge a layer slightly after auto-align.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

unfortunately this is not about nudging a layer to make it align perfectly with the underlying layer(s).

The second image in the orginal message is from one of the top layer, after auto-aligning, which creates a large series of diagonaly shifted pixels. Thus the shifting is caused by the 'Auto-align Layers'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines