Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty moving an image together with its mask in a selected area

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
When creating a selected area of the image, I am unable to move that image together with its mask.

Captura de ecrã 2023-04-05 150418b.jpg

In the past I have been able to do this but currently I can't. I don't know if it was some upgrade in photoshop or if I changed some settings.
I would appreciate some help.
Thanks

rui

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have never been able to move a selected area and mask at same time. When you have a selection you are either moving the mask or the image, depending on which you have selected. In your screenshot you have the image selected.

MikeGondek_0-1680704302247.png

Do a Command D to deselect (no marching ants selection), then you will move both the image and the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a Command D to deselect

By @Mike_Gondek

@ruic71063020 

Because you are on Windows, use Ctrl+D instead.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to move only the image or only the mask, click on the chain link between the mask and image to remove the chain. Then highlight either the mask or image to move independently.

MikeGondek_0-1680704588073.png

There is not much reason to want to move a selection of an image and mask at same time. That would chop up the original image into a mess, so I suspect your question might not have been translated properly in English. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike, thank you for your quick reply.

I need to move only one of the two windows created by the mask. Move one of them independently of the other. Because if nothing is selected, I will move both of them at the same time.
There's no problem of the whole image getting messed up. I just need the parts revealed by the mask.
I have an idea that I already managed to do that a few months ago in another project.

Thank you again.

rui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines