Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Noise/Pattern Brushes?

Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for digital square-ish cross-hatch brushes or something that doesn't look like sponge. 

I've attahed an image, it's not great but I'm looking for more progressive brushes that have like...box patterns and slices, grids etc and...not spongy/scratchy or filled with lettering patterns that don't help.

Does anybody have any influence? Thanks for reading.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

In case you don't know, the Dual Brush option within the Brush Settings panel allows you to combine brush tips. This capability might help you create what you are looking for.

export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

My take would be to mix more than one brush or as @J E L as pointed out, dual brushes.
I found some hints on google when I typed "riso" effect brushes, and xerox brushes. You'll may have to mix the two.
Once you see how they are done (Stamp one at a big size and see what's contitutes the blob, sometimes the effect is achieved when the spacing is at 1% or similar as opposite to 25 or so, so you may have to check with both settings) You'll be able to tweak them to your liking and thus create new one

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Dual brush? Cool man, way cool. Some kind of repeater action is definitely the ticket. Thanks!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Gotta Dance, did you search through the Adobe Exchange for brushes? You can also search online for “Photoshop cross-hatching brushes” and see what turns up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you don't know, the Dual Brush option within the Brush Settings panel allows you to combine brush tips. This capability might help you create what you are looking for.

export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual brush? Cool man, way cool. Some kind of repeater action is definitely the ticket. Thanks!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate. Hope it proves useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My take would be to mix more than one brush or as @J E L as pointed out, dual brushes.
I found some hints on google when I typed "riso" effect brushes, and xerox brushes. You'll may have to mix the two.
Once you see how they are done (Stamp one at a big size and see what's contitutes the blob, sometimes the effect is achieved when the spacing is at 1% or similar as opposite to 25 or so, so you may have to check with both settings) You'll be able to tweak them to your liking and thus create new ones from them (That's always what I do, start from existing ones)
Access to the brushes panel is through the F5 key.

I didn't include my findings as they are all 3rd party websites, but maybe I would try first with Kyle's brushes: (free with CC)
https://www.adobe.com/au/products/photoshop/brushes.html
Now I'm not lying saying that's it's a bit overwhelming, but my best bet would be in the "noise control" range (I think it's part of the mega pack). You also have the "copier" set, but I think you'll have to adapt them. The comics set have some interesting halftones, you even have perpective grids as brushes somewhere (And straight grids too!)

A masterclass from the man himself for creating brushes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9EMuBFGmS0

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exemplary. Much thanks my good sir for being so comprehensive in your search. Awesome notes. This will give me something to study Sunday before the week starts up again.  I'm getting into poster titles and have to start getting back into the whole brush n' layer jazz. lol 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a wjhile anyone has called me sir (I'm cheeky here 😉 No worries, but you can call me Lady)
Good keeping busy on Sundays, particularly when brushes are involved, it will be Tuesday and you won't even have noticed 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, sorry my lady. Close! Early Monday before the hurricane starts blowin'. Thanks again! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries! Keep safe with the hurricanes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool YouTube video @Imaginerie. Thanks for posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines