• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable brush pop up menu with wacom tablet

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to turn off the brush pop up menu when you hold the wacom pen on the canvas for a couple seconds. this makes drawing a circle impossible as it creates a small straight line first because the program is thinking if i want this menu to pop up or not. I have tried disabling it in my wacom preferences with no success, I have done this in painter so im pretty sure its possible, its driving me crazy. thanks -----------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

its in the vista device manager, pen options, turn off press and hold right click

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help~ @Braaihard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The windows 10 fix unchecking the 'use windows ink' helped me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you omg!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this simple solution to something I have been putting up with for longer than I would like to admit. It got to the point where I would rather use my mouse for things like writing due to all the pop-ups and unwanted brush setting changes.

I finally just had enough and yours was the first result when I googles my issue.  Cheers! I am finally free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my ass with this reply! Thank you so much for telling me how do undo windows Ink in Win 10! I've been combing the interwebs for this answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alex, the other suggestions didn't work. Your came close, but I had to do just a bit more.

The "All other" wasn't working. So I added Photoshop to the list (see screengrab from Alex). When selected, the PS options had the "Use Windows Ink" selected by default. So I unclicked it and bang!  All is good.

Best,

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want pen pressure (and i'm fairly certain you do) then unclick "Use Windows Ink" will work.

Otherwise use the method I posted regarding flicks.

I would also suggest that when seeking a solution that you turn to the last page of the thread and read backwards. Often it is the last few posts that contain the latest and sure fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, that just made me so happy! I've been suffering with this forever and thought I just had to put up with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "link to Windows" uncheck solved my issue as well.  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you get 3 "U da man"s Alex. I was ready to send the Wacom back and get something else (not really, I've had Wacom for years but was without for a while and had to get a new one for Win 10. Thanks again.

🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too helpful, thank you very much, thank you, thank you, thank you! !! !! I love you! !! !! Thank you! !! !! !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU!!! I love you. I use my tablet to draw and every time I did a slow stroke I'd get the pop up. I almost couldn't do anything. Your the best!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally worked for me. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this

On Windows 10:

Control Panel (you may have to type it into cortana to bring up the desktop app) > search: Pen and Touch > Change Tablet Pen Settings > double click Press and Hold > UNCHECK the box that says to enable press and hold function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pepsi29!  this seems to have worked.  Very grateful. Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!  I did a fresh Windows 10 install and installed Photoshop CC, and couldn't figure out how to get things back to normal.  This works great!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pepsi29 Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU WIN EVERYTHING! Do what Pepsi said. The one in wacom properties turns off your sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me. Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pepsi29​ Thanks, worked perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines