• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Layer Styles double tap?

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never ever use the layer styles, but it comes up all the time when I double tap on a layer name to change it. Particularly now, as I am using Character Animator, where I have to keep adding “+” to the beginnings of names, I am getting the pop up all the time! Any way to disable that shortcut?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Hi Krathke,

I believe it is not possible to change this behavior as this is by design and there is not option to turn it off in Photoshop, I would suggest every time you want to rename a layer you need to double click on the name of the layer, try not to double click on the empty area.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krathke,

I believe it is not possible to change this behavior as this is by design and there is not option to turn it off in Photoshop, I would suggest every time you want to rename a layer you need to double click on the name of the layer, try not to double click on the empty area.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil, that’s what I was afraid you would say. I am working on my iPad and the layer names are so small, even why I try to be careful to stay within the name box it inevitably strays and I get the pop up. Well, thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was an option to turn this off. This is very annoying when clicking on text to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same with when you're trying to select multiple layers. This causes a lot of inconvenience for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines