• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discontinued 3D features

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the 3D features that makes PS a powerful creation tool ain't work now and discontinued in future versions. Instead Adobe recommends trying and buying 4 different non-easy-to-use Substance apps. Substance seemed to me a big deal compared to creating normal maps, panos, UVs, quick painting tools in PS. Adobe should have sent polls before doing this great move, instead decided to make a big move as all the monopolies do...and I find what Adobe did is unfair as I am buying the bundle for PS 2D and 3D features which made PS is PS today..

What do you guys think?painting-workflows-3d-assets-photoshop-cs6-1075-v1.jpg

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sinonA wrote:

Instead Adobe recommends trying and buying 4 different non-easy-to-use Substance apps.

For technical reasons, Photoshop’s 3D feature set will not reliably work in modern operating systems. Adobe recommends you keep Photoshop 22.2 if you want to continue using PS for 3D. Another option for now is to Deactivate Native Canvas from Preferences > Technology Previews and restart Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Blender 3D is another choice. It's free.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What do you guys think?"

Whilst I am sorry to see it go, as I started out in 3D via Photoshop, the reality is that 3D in Photoshop has always been a very limited add on, with no real modelling capability, no physics, outdated slow and noisy rendering on the CPU only. It has not moved on significantly since its introduction in CS3 and update in CS6 and became increasingly buggy in recent years.

I use full 3D applications for my 3D workflow, including the Substance apps for texturing, and keep Photoshop for what it does best i.e. the 2D elements, such as compositing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't say I'm surprised.  IMO, 3D in PS always felt kludgy.

Have you tried Blender?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines