• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discover panel not working

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last update (23.2.1) the discover panel it's not working, my OS is Windows 10 and yesterday and days before the panel showed but it can't performed any actions (like "remove background" showing the legend "no se ha podido aplicar la acción" when trying to perform, in english must be something like "the action could not be applied"), sometimes the panel simply doesn't appeared when pressing CTRL+F or clicking in the magnifier icon in photoshop,  today the panel doesn't shows anymore. Also the mouse scroll zoom becomes laggy with update (23.2) until I deactivate the Enable Native Canvas Rules option.

I prefer to have my software up to date but in case this issues continues I think will downgrade to a previous versión, I will appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with slowness while the rulers are showing is being worked on.

For the issues with the discover panel, let's first make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored my Photoshop preferences but the problem persists and then I put the folder back and nothing has changed, anyway thank you for your support answer @J453 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a separate preference file that manages the Discover Panel. Go to the following location and delete the settings there and retry: 

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\
  • Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me on version 23.

Additionally, if you've had a few upgrades;

1. Make sure that you select the folder for your current version.
  2. Then drill down to the last settings folder.
  3. Then delete the contents inside the folder.
  4. I didn't try to delete the main Settings folder, and I'm not sure if it will work that way.
  5. Close the app if it's open and reopen it.  There should now be a tool window with a background removal button under the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was beside myself trying to get the "Discover" panel up to no avail. Control/Command F didn't work either. Did you try unlocking your layer first? Then go to the Properties panel--and Remove Background will be there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines