• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dissapointed that Canvas Background tool works better than PS's

New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a 15year + photoshop user. HOW is Canvas Background remover better than PS's own select subject to remove background. I'm working with some intricate clipart to remove full background - I  use select subject/ remove background, but still need to refine all the little nooks and crannies, which grated doesnt take long in PS, but I pulled the same image into Canva - hit the remove background tool - and the background was fully removed - clean as a whistle in one second. I feel Adobe is dropping the ball here 😞 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Products from other suppliers are sometimes working better on specific problems. It's the overall experience that is important.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% Agree! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely disappointed in this. I am a self taught adobe use and spent years perfecting techniques for marketing purposes. I finally bent to the pressure and tried Canva. Although Canva lacks 85% of the adobe features, it was a sad day when I tried the background remover on adobe PS and canva. Not only was canva faster, it was far more prescise. And now adobe wants rights to users work? Blasphamey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…And now adobe wants rights to users work? Blasphamey!

By @Nate33916778gpa8

The Adobe terms were both not written properly for non-lawyers and so widely misinterpreted, and Adobe has clarified them since. Some of the passages people got upset over, like the part where Adobe says “you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license,” have also present for many years in other companies’ terms of service, such as in Section 4a of the Canva Terms of Use:

a. User Content. …As between you and Canva, you own all right, title and interest in and to your User Content. You grant Canva a royalty-free and sublicensable license to display, host, copy, store and use your User Content solely to the extent necessary to provide the Service to you. To the extent you include User Content in a Design that you’ve shared with others, you grant Canva a perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable, license to display, host, copy, store and use your User Content to the extent necessary to continue to make that Design available.

License and ownership/copyright are legally different things. Neither Canva nor Adobe require you to hand over your ownership/copyright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only was canva faster, it was far more prescise. And now adobe wants rights to users work? Blasphamey!

By @Nate33916778gpa8

Whatever you write, Adobe does not claim ownership of your work. Canva also needs a licence from you to access your work. Indeed, each time you do a task that involves transferring your data to a third party's server, you grant them permission to access your works. It is not possible otherwise. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And now adobe wants rights to users work? Blasphamey!

Why do people keep falling fore these false claims? 

Have you perused the Terms of Use yourself? 

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

The issue of »the web’s« propensity for sensationalistic, but counterfactual stories aside, how is this a theological issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines