• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distort a shape to fit canvas

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying create an action that processes an image like the below. I want to end up with just the picture frame with no border and also scaled to a fixed canvas size (which has the correct aspect ratio of the picture frame itself). I have successfully created an action that removes the background and uses trim but still has some background since the frame is effectively a trapezoid shape due to the camera angle.

I have googled (unsuccessfully!) to see how to warp/distort to a shape (i.e. a rectangle) but couldn't seem to get any of the methods to work so any advice would be most welcome!!

I'm using Photoshop v23.3.0 on Windows 10

Thanks, Richard

2022-12-19-18.22.14.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full automation seems difficult at current (mybe not impossible, though), but you might be able to semi-automate with some manual input (creating a four point path to define the distorted frame). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply!

Forgot to say (though probably obvious!) I'm a newbie! If possible could you let me have a few pointers on best way to do it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! 👍🙂 Will try it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried it and it works great including automating as an action. Really is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines