• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need external GPU?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to buy a laptop. Do I need external GPU?

Do Intel HD Graphics 620 support 3D, oil painting or normal use no high graphic work.

Making website templates and other simple design works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

For "no high graphics work" as you mentioned above the on-board HD Graphics should be fine, although you have to remember that on-board GPU's use/share system RAM so you have to take that into consideration. 16GB of RAM would be the minimum I would recommend.

With my Intel HD520 Laptop all the advanced graphics features are enabled and work fine without a dedicated GPU.

I have a high spec PC for the heavy work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here

Photoshop system requirements

I have the Intel HD Graphics 520 on my Laptop and it is supported so the 620 should be fine, you may want to consider at least 16GB of RAM

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recomm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bhuwans.cresta  wrote

I'm planning to buy a laptop. Do I need external GPU?

Can be clear what you mean by 'external' GPU?  Is this a laptop that has Intel HD on the motherboard, and also a second NVIDIA GPU?

This sort of thing?

GeForce GTX 10 Series Laptops | NVIDIA GeForce

Ged says that his Laptop works well with HD graphics, but I've always thought that Gaming laptops were well spec'd for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To echo Trevor's advice, I have a laptop with a built-in Intel 530, and an Nvidia 960M graphics card fitted in the laptop.  The advanced graphics features would not work in Photoshop until I made Photoshop use the Nvidia card by changing settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means with on-board Intel HD Graphics can run Photoshop smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For "no high graphics work" as you mentioned above the on-board HD Graphics should be fine, although you have to remember that on-board GPU's use/share system RAM so you have to take that into consideration. 16GB of RAM would be the minimum I would recommend.

With my Intel HD520 Laptop all the advanced graphics features are enabled and work fine without a dedicated GPU.

I have a high spec PC for the heavy work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to buy laptop which doesn't have external GPU,

so, being sure that external GPU really needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines