Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you use pen pressure?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I just purchased a Wacom intous pro Medium tablet and have never used one before. I was watching the retouching series by pratik Naik and he says he does t use pen pressure at all with his tablet. As I learn to use the tablet I was wondering if most people use pen pressure with Photoshop or don't. Obviously he's a pro so it's easy to take his advice but it might just be something thats good for him so wanted to see what others do. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use pen pressure a lot but I switch it to control different things depending on what I am doing. So if I'm creating shadows I use pressure to control the flow and opacity of the brush but not the size. If I am writing or getting into the fine corners of a mask I might control the size but not opacity. For something like the image below, I controlled size, flow and rotation.

Flamingo.jpg

I should also add that for making pen paths (as opposed to brush strokes) I put the pen down altogether and use a mouse for accuracy.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go back and forth, sometimes I want pressure, sometimes not and I agree with Dave, I go back and forth with my trackpad - gave up my mouse years ago.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. Still learning Photoshop as well... Are you able to quickly switch between those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you just change your brush settings...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines