• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Docking toolbars

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I move my toolbars around a lot.  Is there a way to have them NOT dock when they get in close proximity of one another?  I cannot tell you how many times a toolbar has docked to another one and I have to spend time search for it.

This is very frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Actually there is.

Just press the Command (mac) or Ctrl (windows) key while moving a panel (toolbars) and that should prevent the docking to other panels.

The same applies when moving document windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I believe you are referring to Panels and (here comes some unsolicited advice) I believe you should reconsider your current method of working. Simply. lots of floating Panels invites chaos.

Either choose the Panels used most frequently as a strip at the right, with others used less frequently ones collapsed and butted against it, or choose one of the setups offered in the Windows > Workspace Menu and adapt it to your needs, if necessary. Then choose Windows > Workspace > New Workspace, name it Chris  and save it. If, at a future time, you have repositioned some Panels, return to Workspace and Reset Chris to get back to your familiar set up. You can setup several different layouts (depending on the variety of work you do), name and save them. You will find this method of working to organized, uncluttered and efficient. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the program for 20 years and am not interested in modifying the way I work.  It works for me, as I am sure your way works for you.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is not a way to avoid having the panels dock when you are in the drop zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, a copy and paste answer!

Best Regards,

Chris Wightman

(contact info deleted)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to prevent proximity docking with your panels.

If you are uninteresting in changing your work flow to remedy the situation, there isn't much more we can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They only answer is to change the way I work?  Good plan. I'll adapt to the program instead of the other way around!

What is the best contact to make a suggestion about future releases?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can leave a future request for the Photoshop engineers here: Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there is.

Just press the Command (mac) or Ctrl (windows) key while moving a panel (toolbars) and that should prevent the docking to other panels.

The same applies when moving document windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You! You have restored my faith in the kindness and intelligence of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines