• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

document.duplicate bug

Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyones information, noticed that document.duplicate will always duplicate the active document regardless of what doc-object you call the method on. This is at least on latest Win CC 2014.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resizeCanvas for example results in the notice "… requires that the target document is the frontmost document", that duplicate simply uses the frontmost document does seem inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I mean just from Javascript perspective if you have object.method() call the method should always be applied to to the object. If, like quite often, object needs to be in active doc it should raise the exception (most likely they've just missed this check). Actually that's I've not noticed it before is that you don't typically manipulate anything but the active doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should post a bug report over at

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

I doubt it will get much support (Scripting not being something that all Photoshop users pursue) but that way it should at least officially be on Adobe’s radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There, please go and favorite Photoshop Javascript API document.duplicate() bug

Have to say though that I really wish Adobe would separate the developer support from the consumer one (or even be more active here). Purpose of that site is more priorization of opinions and it's basically waste of time for stuff like this. Time is limited on both sides and I get that no-one can start investigating from scratch some vague crash report. I'm happy to create well specified and easily reproducible reports if I know they get actually read processed. Maybe some day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines