• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone else find these new subscriptions to be bs?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have Master Collection CS6 and I had trouble installing it, I was told that Adobe wont let you run them anymore(cs6) and to buy the programs. Thing is, it is now all subscriptions and it is so damn expensive! It used to be where you could just purchase a bundle for 1 time and you were done and had the prograhms for life. I just think this new subscription thing is stupid and they should still give you the option of paying for programs one time vs monthly/yearly plans. At least lower the costs so you can afford more than one prograhm. Im a Game Designer so I need multiple Adobe progrms but now that this subscription thing is all they offer, I am not buying from Adobe ever again

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A lot of people are still using CS6 apps without issues, as far as I'm aware they run fine on Windows 7/8/10 and MAC OS Mojave and earlier, who told you Adobe won't let you run them anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe says, using their old software might get you sued: https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/14/adobe-creative-cloud-older-apps-warning/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That article is about older CC applications not CS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to an Adobe Admin yesterday and he said I can no longer use it. I think it is bs because someone just helped me 4 months ago to install it on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> I talked to an Adobe Admin yesterday and he said I can no longer use it.

Depends on exactly what the question was. Do you have a transcript of the conversation?

There is no reason that you cannot keep using CS6 unless you're running macOS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things I disagree with in your post.

1. CS6 still works, provided you use it on an operating system and hardware for which it was designed. If you upgrade the OS or your hardware then you run the risk of features not working. 

2. When you add up the cost of keeping perpetual software updated regularly, to keep up with cameras, PC hardware, operating systems you may find subscription is actually cheaper. Take the Photography plan. You get Photoshop and Lightroom updated regularly for under £10 A month. 

I realise everyone's individual case is different, but use of industry standard software needs to be factored in to a business plan just the same as fuel costs, equipment replacement, premises, wages etc.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't affect perpetual licences, it's only for the older Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines