• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone here know some legal details?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! I'm writing a book about graphic designing in Photoshop. I plan to name it Learn to Create in Photoshop(R). Does anybody here know if that follows Adobe's trademark guidelines? Or do I have to write Adobe(R) Photoshop(R)? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Hey all. I think I've found the solution. As far as I can tell, it's not necessary to write Adobe first, but I'll include it any ways - just in case. Thank you all for your support and info. All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norman, we posted at the same time with two different links. At least one should help!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I found this PDF with guidelines:

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/adobe_trademark_database_external...

The contact information for Adobe’s legal department is at the bottom of the PDF.

~Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I found the same file, but I didn't notice the contact info. That's a big help.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EmanuelSch  wrote

Thanks. I found the same file, but I didn't notice the contact info. That's a big help.    

You’re welcome, Emanuel. I’m glad we could we help.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you know if any advice you get here is correct.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI JJMack,

If a user is advised to click a link to Adobe's official info that’s a pretty good indication that Adobe's policy is genuinely reflected there

don't you agree?

Otherwise, you're right, no one can know if advice is good.

That's the eternal problem with discussion forums.

have a good weekend

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common sense sould tell the op they would need  to adheare to Adobe Policy and requirements that they need to deal with Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack  wrote

Common sense 

has nothing to do with publishing law

the advice you get from those forms is for the US... its as good as any other starting place however

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not legal for us to give legal advice. Your publisher’s lawyer must do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've written two little books. It seems to me the editor at your publishers would have a hand in this kind of detail, and would know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emanuel

If you send me a pm with your email address and I’ll try connect you with someone at Adobe to discuss.

Neil Barstow

colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NB, colourmanagement

If you send me a pm with your email address and I’ll try connect you with someone at Adobe to discuss.

Hi Neil,

Adobe staff can look up the user account by the user ID — we don’t need to collect additional info. Just put a note in the back room.

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check this out Adobe Legal Information

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All. Thanks for all the input. I'd like to clarify a few things. I have gone through all of Adobe's policies and legal stuff, but they're a bit nebulous about this. Unfortunately, the contact info provided isn't likely to do me much good either, and my publishers don't have a lawyer because I'm self publishing on Kindle.  

So I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience in this area. Judging by the other books out there, it should be fine for me to leave out the Adobe part. But some of them are obviously doing it wrong, so I don't want to follow their example.  

Thanks again for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. I think I've found the solution. As far as I can tell, it's not necessary to write Adobe first, but I'll include it any ways - just in case. Thank you all for your support and info. All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines