• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the cloud overwrite my Image Processor script?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feeling a little paranoid here, but what the heck?

Following the instructions in this thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/3012206

I have adapted my Image Processor script to output TIFs as smart objects. Works great, and I use Image Processor Pro when I want regular TIFs.

Problem is, every time I restart my machine (or by some other unknown vehicle) my adapted script gets overwritten by the regular Image Processor script.

I tried changing the name of my script but then it wont run.

But why wont my script stay put?

Tired of having to reinstall it every time I want to use it!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

https://forums.adobe.com/people/way+phat  wrote

Re: Camera Raw / smart object ?

I have adapted my Image Processor script to output TIFs as smart objects. Works great, and I use Image Processor Pro when I want regular TIFs.

Problem is, every time I restart my machine (or by some other unknown vehicle) my adapted script gets overwritten by the regular Image Processor script.

I tried changing the name of my scr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/way+phat  wrote

Re: Camera Raw / smart object ?

I tried changing the name of my script but then it wont run.

But why wont my script stay put?

Tired of having to reinstall it every time I want to use it!

I do not understand  " have adapted my Image Processor script to output TIFs as smart objects"  Tif are files they can be layered files that  can have smart object layers the have an object the is an embedded tif file.  It looks like Adobe updated CC 2018 image Processor.jsx  3/23/2018.  If updated Adobe script you modified script may have been

I have CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018 each has an Image Processor.JSX with a different date:

When you Give your Script a Different name did you updated the HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING change the name and UUID in there?

/*

// BEGIN__HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING

<javascriptresource>

<name>$$$/JavaScripts/ImageProcessor/Menu=Image Processor...</name>

<category>aaaThisPutsMeAtTheTopOfTheMenu</category>

<eventid>1F9021B1-5045-42E1-AE2A-7E504FAA8D50</eventid>

</javascriptresource>

// END__HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING

*/

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ,

The language of your reply got a little choppy so I'm not sure I fully understand.

It's probably not important why I've adapted Image Processor, but since you've asked, I have an action that sets up a file for retouching that is based on a smart object as the base layer, and the modification allows that smart object to be an embedded raw. But lets not get too bogged down in all that.

I would like to try your harvest exception code. How do I use it? I assume I give it a name in the </name> field, and then name the file itself exactly the same?

Also, still curious, is some sort of CC sync checking all my presets and replacing old with new if named the same? Why wont my modified Image Processor stick?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea of the code changes and additions you made to Adobe Image Processor Script.  The code I posted is Adobe's Image Processor code.  The code the registers the named and its UUID.    I do not think Adobe has added any scanner to check Photoshop installs that would replaced modified modules actions and scripts with Adobe code.  It would be best if you added your Image Processor script with a different named and its own unique HARVEST EXCEPTION ZSTRING  so it would be in the same Script category as the Image Processor with a with a different name or have your script that has a different name Registered as Image Processor with a different UUID is a different script category the is not at the top of the Script named category.  You can group you script in your own category. I have create sever myself. You can alsi assign a Schortcut you can use to start your script.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the script name, as you suggested, and it seems to be working. Hopefully it stays put now. I assume it will.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also generate a UUID for it not use Image Processor UUID

<eventid>1F9021B1-5045-42E1-AE2A-7E504FAA8D50</eventid>

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know to do that. I see there are online UUID generators, do I need a v1 or v4? And all I do is swap mine with theirs? If I have the script on multiple computers, does each computer's script need it's own UUID

Just curious, why is that required, what does that do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your script will be unique not be Adobe's Image processor have its own uuid

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having a problem here: in modifying the name, HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING, and UUID, now my script is disconnected from bridge. I cannot select images in Bridge and call it up via Tools>Photoshop.n And if I select images in Bridge, then go to PS and invoke my script from File>Scripts it doesn't allow me to use the selected files in Bridge.

In short, my script is disconnected from Bridge and I don't know how to connect it.

Mac High Sierra, CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To connect your Script to the Bridge you would now need to add a Bridge Startup Script to add your script to the Tool menu under Photoshop tools. Like the start up script that add Image Processor and Image Processor Pro.   Many Mac users have problems with Image Processor Pro not being in Bridges tools menu. It seems that the Startup script that adds Image Processor Pro is not installed or does not work on Mac machines.  I do not have that problem on Windows.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have those scripts. But I don't know how to make one for my modified Image Processor script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may be able to duplicate the Adobe  Photoshop_v2018.jsx  to MysImageProcessorMenu.jsx strip out all the menu items it adds to the bridge but not the Image Processor menu Item. Then change the Image Processor data to your new image processor  and add your Image Processor as an additional menu item.  Then enable your startup script in the bridge so your Image Processor is added to the tools menu Photoshop items.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines