• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't mess with my shortcuts!

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for more than 20 years and the latest update (CC 2019) has been the most frustrating because of a change that was not even necessary.

Why did Adobe have to change shortcuts that have been ingrained in my memory for more than a decade? Yesterday I was trying to figure how to crop/resize without locking ratio and today I was trying to figure why I couldn't go up the history by pressing the usual shortcut. WHHHYYYYY?!?!?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can revert the shortcuts to the legacy

And for the transform take a look here

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

This section

How do I turn off the new proportional scaling by default behavior while transforming layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear Ged! Thank you!

Now one more setting to revert back to if I have to reinstall...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dougeefresh  wrote

Yesterday I was trying to figure how to crop/resize without locking ratio and today I was trying to figure why I couldn't go up the history by pressing the usual shortcut. WHHHYYYYY?!?!?!

Why? To aid new users. (Not the answer you want to hear, I know!)

You might read this:

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

and watch Terry White’s “What’s New”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzb_R7EizoA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't talk on behalf of Adobe as I do not work for them, but I am a mere youngster in the world of Photoshop, I have been using it for the last 11 years (since I was 16, I will let you do the math haha). Whilst I agree the change is frustrating, I remember when I first used Photoshop after using Photoshop Elements, how annoying it was that Photoshop did the shortcuts differently.

I am probably with you, in that I will use the legacy features as I have become used to it, but I understand their decision because the majority of other software I have used in the past will use this new formula of shortcuts and it will make it easier for users using multiple software, especially now we are in the digital age.

That is my 2 cents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately because Photoshop is so widely popular many software companies followed its well known shortcuts like using Shift key to lock ratio that has become standard. So Photoshop is now once again doing shortcuts differently...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines