• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double tap Tools shortcuts

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me why I suddenly have to double tap the shortcut keys for Tools in Photoshop and how to fix this. Mac 11.2, PS fully updated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

I have resolved this annoying issue.

System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard - Uncheck the "Enable Full Keyboard Access".

(On Mac 12.5.1, Photoshop 2022 fully updated)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

If you have the same issue - Photoshop > Preferences > Tools > switch OFF " Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Thank you! Finally someone came up with solution that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps described here:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue, and it persists even after I have reset all the preferences.

Sometimes the shortcuts require one tap, sometimes two tap or I need to keep the button pressed. It happened frequently with the text tool, now it keeps happening with the arrow and lazo tool...

I am also experiencing other shortcut issues.

Did the last updates suddenly changed some standard shortcuts?

(example: ctrl+click on the image area to highlight the corresponding layer in the layers panel now seems to be alt+click)

Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, two things:

1) Suddenly?

What did change on your system? Was it a Photoshop update? from which version did you upgrade.

Or did you start using Ps at the same time as another program compared to before the issue? I'm asking this as some programs can hijack some keystrokes.

2) Which keystrokes, the tool ones, the CMD+letters, the modifiers for symmetry, etc. There's been a semi-recent change about the spring loaded shortcuts, where you momentarily switch to another tool with a long press. Do check the preferences to see if the default setting might interact with the way you use the keystrokes.

I hope this'll help find the bottom of your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I have tried all your suggestions and advice. Nothing has changed and I still have the issue. The problem is with the simple shortcuts - V and then switch to B, C, M, L, B, etc.

I have checked all the Preferences and everything is fine, I have reset to Default, I have uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop, I have updated to Monterey and I have switched to 3 different keyboards, I have upgraded to 32GB of RAM - nothing has fixed this problem.

It did not start after an update or any other Mac update. I do not have Plug-ins or any unusual Apps loaded to my Mac.
I would really appreciate some help.

Regards

Helga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved this annoying issue.

System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard - Uncheck the "Enable Full Keyboard Access".

(On Mac 12.5.1, Photoshop 2022 fully updated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the same issue - Photoshop > Preferences > Tools > switch OFF " Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off "Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts" fixed this for me. Thanks for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with double clicking shortcuts and switching switch OFF " Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts". worked - thnaks heaps for the posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting that, glad I had a good intuition! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that was a really annoying non-feature. So glad  that you could provide the answer.

Now, if all the Tools could be made to show continuously in the side bar that would be handy as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Finally someone came up with solution that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is honestly the dumbest software "feature" I've ever seen. Thank you for showing us how to turn it off (which it should be by default.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was driving me crazy, suddenly started hafway through doing an image. I did all the things suggested by others but they didnt work 

My solution go to edit - keyboard shortcuts, then revert back to default shortcuts (save your shortcuts when prompted) then click OK, return to keyboard shortcuts and apply your shortcuts again and hopefully it will work as it has done for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines