Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download free old versions of Photoshop software

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello good time
Excuse me, I don't have a good financial situation and I need Photoshop software, I wanted to see if the old versions of Photoshop are free so I can use them?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vahid32109382ac1m there are no free versions of Photoshop available, apart from Photoshop Express for mobile devices.

You could do a Google search for free alternatives to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there are no free versions of Photoshop. Photoshop is a commercial product that you can licence by taking a photography plan (20Gb of cloud space) for about $10/month. If you want a free version of a program allowing you to edit image files, I would suggest you google that. You will find some free software around. I won't give any recommendations on any of those since this is an Adobe forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no free versions of Photoshop. Bona fide students can get Photoshop at a discount.  

There is Photoshop Elements – a kind of Photoshop Light – available for a one-off payment of around $90. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a free version of "Photoshop" that you can use on photopea.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, around 2012, Adobe offered Photoshop CS2 for free, which was already an older version at the time.

I'm not sure whether they open-sourced it or simply made it freeware, and I’m also not sure if they still offer it. However, here’s the page where they shared it a long time ago:

http://webarchive.loc.gov/all/20130108024913/http%3A//www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.ht...

And an article about it:
http://betanews.com/2013/01/10/adobe-cs2-is-available-for-free-kind-of-maybe-not-really-but-absolute...

For now, you can try Photopea, as Earth suggested. It looks exactly like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ihab Shoully 

There is no point in posting that old link now. It's been dead and void for a long time. The activation-free CS2 was only up for a brief period many, many years ago.

The current status is that the activation servers for CS, CS2, CS3 and CS4 have all been permanently shut down. These old versions can no longer be activated in any way, by any method - in other words they are completely useless now and can just be thrown away.

CS5 and CS6 will likely follow very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, around 2012, Adobe offered Photoshop CS2 for free, which was already an older version at the time.

I'm not sure whether they open-sourced it or simply made it freeware, and I’m also not sure if they still offer it. However, here’s the page where they shared it a long time ago:

http://webarchive.loc.gov/all/20130108024913/http%3A//www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.ht...

And an article about it:
http://betanews.com/2013/01/10/adobe-cs2-is-available-for-free-kind-of-maybe-not-really-but-absolute...

For now, you can try Photopea, as Earth suggested. It looks exactly like Photoshop.

By @Ihab Shoully

Not sure why you are bumping an old post, but Adobe offered CS2 as a download to existing customers because the installers had issues and this allowed them to reinstall their product.

As others have mentioned Photoshop is a commerical product that is available for as low as $240/yr as part of the photography bundle. There is also a scaled down version called Photoshop Elements which is on sale from Adobe right now through Labor Day weekend for $59 and may be able to perform the photo editing you require. Anything lower than that, and it could be time to learn other tools potentially open source ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes it's good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines