Exit

DPI PRINT

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I ´d like to ask, I am creating the poster that should be A4, 600 dpi pdf,

I have never made the poster with this dpi. When I created the file, I have noticed that

the dimensions are higher, so now the file is more than A4, I tried to print one sample to see the result,and the file was resized automaticaly and created the white borders.

Could you, please, advise me how to properly prepare the file?

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you need it to be A4 you need to make sure that your image size is set to mm not pixels 210x297 in this case. I am presuming that your printer is not the issue. A normal desktop printer even if set not to scale page will still not be able to print to the edge thus creating narrow white margins

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I check out mm, they are okey, but when I print from Photoshop, I tried various settings, but still the some part is cropped, at the left side or at the right side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload relevent screenshots namely:

Image size UI dialogue

Output UI D

also What printer is it? What paper size are you using (as printing on 100% on A3 and trimming for eg)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming the poster is to be printed by a commercial printer, select A4 from the Print presets to which you can add 3mm extra to each edge for bleed (assuming the poster's contents is bleeding). Work in RGB colour mode and a resolution of 300 PPI (after checking the type of PDF with the printer, if possible), output to PDF/X-4 with Use Document Bleed Settings and Crop Marks ticked.

Note: 600PPI creates larger than necessary document, and 300PPI will normally suffice – and the term is PPI –Pixels Per Inch, not  DPI which is Dots Per Inch and is the term for the resolution of printers, such as laser and ink-jet printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all your responds, yes, I use this setting for other types of prints, but this is a little bit different situation, it is not a classical poster, it is an illustration for riso graph, but curently it is necessary to prepare it just for the samle, on standard home printer, without any bleed and crop marks, just like standard document, the requierement was 600 dpi, rgb, A4, but when i try to print it, there are problems, the sample is cropped on some sides. I am enclosing the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines