• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging images into Photoshop CC -- Not working

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on some websites and my workflow is being slowed down because after installing the new Photoshop CC I tried dragging images from websites into photoshop to open them and create a new image over it WITH the same size as the previous image I dragged in. I had no problem dragging and dropping images into photoshop CS6 before this, but now images are not opening when I do so. (I have to manually go find the image in the images folder thru dreamweaver first, then hunt them down and open them manually thru photoshop.)

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I am having this problem now. Brand new computer, windows 10. Adobe, what is up??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - but dragging images from browser to Photoshop stopped working after updating to latest version of PS CC 2015 - and not working on Chrome or Safari. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed PS CC 2015 and to my dissapointment I couldn't drag and drop images from Chrome to PS anymore. This is a big part of my workflow so it's really frustrating not to be able to use this.

I'm on the latest versions on OSX, Chrome and PS CC.

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Mac, and Photoshop CC, like me, just drag and drop the image, but with the ALT Key pressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using mac and the latest version and using photoshop cc. still doesn't work. to drag any image off the web like it use to for photoshop cs6. help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same way i said before, and it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

There's a way, wich is working fine to me right now.

Just drag normally to your Photoshop Dock Icon, don't drop it, just hang until it starts to blink, and then only then, drop it and it will open.

Try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently starting having the same problem with the latest version of Photoshop (2015.0.1 Release) and Safari (El Capitian, 10.11.1). I am no longer able to drag and drop images from Safari onto Photoshop's icon in the dock.

Saw the tip above about holding the ALT key while dragging. That didn't work, but oddly enough, holding down the COMMAND key did re-enable drag and drop functionality.

Say what? Hope this functionality gets restored soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a way, wich is working fine to me right now.

Just drag normally to your Photoshop Dock Icon, don't drop it, just hang until it starts to blink, and then only then, drop it and it will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just load a workspace like essentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess I've found the answer for this issue.

UPDATE you're software, atleast....it worked at my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any experience using Adobe CC in Amazon Work Station? We use Google and trying to drag & drop or copy & paste a photo from the web gets us nowhere. Suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10 drag/drop update. 

1. Firefox dragdrop works consistantly for me.

2. Slightly less irritating/tendon saving solution in Chrome/Brave/etc is a free extension called "Hover and Copy". Mac and PC it seems. Not as quick as drag and drop but has been way better as I often have to grab gobs of photo reference. Necro posting this out of frustration because I find myself looking year after year for a solution for this on windows. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines