• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing a line

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to draw a line on my desktop computer it creates an arrow. I can't seem to get out of it.

I have un-installed Photoshop twice, no helped.

Works fine on my laptop and tablet.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screeenshot of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using the Line tool, check the settings in the cogwheel menu in the Option bar:

Semaphoric_0-1678822663018.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings are shown in your image. I unchecked Live Shapes and Start. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked was I was able to change the color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot of your Path Options panel?

image.png

Do you realise that changing the settings, as in unchecking Arrowheads > Start and/or End will only affect new lines?  Lines already drawn can not be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Box settings look just like the one on my computer.

This all started on a new computer. All the existing lines are ok. It's the new ones with the problem.

I re-installed Photoshop ne the arrow is gone and I draw a rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you all sorted now?  No more problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, now all I can do is draw rectangles with the line tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what the Line tool draws â€“ rectangles, usually long, slender ones. Set the desired width of the lines in the Weight field of the Option Bar (see the pic I posted earlier).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line tool is not particularly intuitive truth be told, and I have a feeling that very few people never find it confusing at one time or another.  The trick is to keep Fill enabled.  The settings in the Options bar below are for the lowermost line, which you might call a rectangle.  The line above it (third from top) used the same settings but with Fill set to black.

image.png

When I said that the line tool can be confusing, I am mostly thinking of when the stroke is dashed.  There have been times when felt like bashing my head against the wall with a dashed outline.  The dashed rectangle below used exactly thew same settings as the last line above, but the stroke is set to Dashed.  Clicking More Options lets us choose dash length in pixels, and the gap in pixels.  Note that the line Weight has become greyed out.image.png

How are you doing now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please look at my settings.Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines