• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

duplicate one layer to multiple documents/images

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an option to "duplicate layer to all documents". Right clicking on one layer and selecting duplicate layer and then which image to duplicate it to is very time consuming when you need to apply the layer to multiple images and frustrating if you skip a document or two. I tried making an action, but it just wanted to copy the layer to the same image. Photoshop should make an option for this, instead of us having to search around on the internet and download sketchy "scripts" from people. Unless there is something that I am missing and can't find that makes this easier?

Screenshot (20).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

A feature request has already been made 8 years ago, and a high-level Adobe employee answered with a link to a, you guessed it – "Sketchy script from some person":

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/can_we_see_a_feature_to_duplicate_layer_to_all_open_documents_please

http://cameronmcefee.com/blog/photoshop-script-duplicate-to-all

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cameronmcefee/Duplicate-to-All/master/Duplicate-to-All.js

You could vote on this and add a comment asking

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

thank to reply.....I want to paste each time the selected layer of the front document just to the back document ..not all open documents

By @nandu nag

It is easy for a human to know which of the multiple open documents is the active document. It is also easy for a script to know which of the multiple open documents is the active document. So all good on the source document!

The target document may not be so easy. A human knows which is the back document, however, a script would need to be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello When you created your action, did you open a second document to paste the action into it? Do you want to paste on open documents only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had the other documents open, it just didn't really work. I realized that I would have had to start with the creation of the adjustment layer when making an action, not just recording an action of me trying to duplicate the layer! So ya know, learning curves! (no pun intended). But of course I realized that much later haha. And yes I would only be trying to paste it to other images I already have open. When I run my next batch I am going to try all of these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, learning by doing is maybe the most efficient way to remember and grow your knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines