• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DynamicLink Media Server not available

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to drop audio into a new video timeline in Photoshop CC 2018 and I keep receiving this error message: "Could not complete request because the dynamiclink media server is not available."  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop, restarted computer, and spent 2 hours on chat with adobe letting them try and figure it out with absolutely no resolution.  This worked at school and it worked on a friend's computer, both are photoshop 2017, but it will not work on mine with photoshop 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hannah,

I’m a newbie to Photoshop and have version 20.0

I have found the “Trace Database.txt” file and it has;

Assert 1        5

dynamiclink  1          5

Stupid question, but is that considered 'empty' or 'containing data'? and if the latter what should i do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clive,

Anything in the file is not null, so that one wouldn't be it. There can be multiple copies of that file hidden in your Preferences folder though, so pop them all open and check for other possible copies before stopping at that one. Feel free to email me if you'd like to do a screen share.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and offer. Being a newbie I think a screen share would be the best option  

I’ve just sent you an email  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am still having the same issue as Clive. I have went through all the folders and all the "Tracedatabase.txt" that I found have something in them and still I'm having this issue. Can you please help? I really need to get this completed for my deadline. Mine is showing in my dynamicmedialinkserver folder a folder that is labeled 12.1.4 and the "tracedatabase.txt" has this in it :

Assert15
dynamiclink15

in the adobe/photoshop/20.0/"tracedatabase.txt" has this in it:

DynamicLink15
MediaCoreIF15
dvamarshal15
dynamiclink15

in the adobe/adobeillustrator/23.0.1/"tracedatbase.txt" has this in it:

drawbotagm15

Ive restarted the program and computer multiple time but I keep getting the same error. Is there a solution to this? Please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steenah,

Clive's issue was a permissions issue. Would you please go to Help > System Info and then paste the contents in an email to me at the email I'll include? Clive was a Mac user, and he was able to get around the permissions issues he was having by creating a new admin user, installing with that user and then switching back to his normal OS login. Can you give that a try and let me know if it helps? If it doesn't, please send your system info to my email.

Thanks,
Hannah Nicollet
Photoshop QE

[email removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you still helping people fix photoshop 2020 or 2021 problems??? I can't open video files anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating the IOS (Big Sur 11.5.2). The same problem. Days looking for the solution and after reading your answer, it has worked! (New administrator user and install PS from there).
Thank you very much! Although your answer is old, but it is effective as of 2021.

¡Muchas gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't address Windows PCs, and wouldn't have solved for me.  This thread was the best answer for me; also corrected DynamicLink Media Server issue.

"There is a problem with Generator.." error when starting Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me mad

How do I sort out the dynamic link media server on cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too  

I’m waiting to arrange a screenshare with Hannah who is quite busy at the moment. C’est la vie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could cry I need to sort it for clients but I have done all the things that people said in the thread but noting x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sorted it I went to my creative cloud and up dated my cs6 to 2019 one and it works yippy. I would up date it hun x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, so glad you're up and running

Unfortunately my CS6 is up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your frustration, as I’m in a similar position x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about for the pc version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicollet,

I tried the steps you mentioned but unfortunately my database file isn't empty. I tried deleting it still but didn't solve the problem so I had to put it back in. Could you please help. This is the case on both my Macbook Pro and iMac. I am on a deadline here like most others. This happened after the recent update to either MacOS or Adobe IMO. Thanks very much in advance for looking into this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first encountered this issue as I updated to CC 2020. Tried the 'solved' solution to no joy, even tried re-installing. I still had the CC 2019 installed, but after update to 2020, both photoshop version throws the same error, meaning I can't open any video files in Photoshop - I feature I use constantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It has been driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, getting a bit fed up with the Adobe-virus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever figure out a solution to this? I had this happen to me with the 2021 update 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I respect the Adobe company very much and I can be one of the few who have a deep love for the Adobe company. It is enough that it is behind the success of the future of many, and from this premise from my fear for it I hope from the customer service providers before responding to this serious problem in the program. They avoid any mitigation of the problem that has no solution until Now whoever appeared to any user and iam one of them would not handle Adobe's technical support, I run screen share for two hours with technical support from adobe but They did not fix anything. It's like Corona Virus. Please, enough, I have done more than 200 video projects in Photoshop. Now, I can not even run a normal video file. and iam sure Adobe will fix this problem in a few days because we trust adobe, problems like this can not stop us for 2 years till now without any help from adobe.
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"DynamicLink not available" showed up again in 21.1. Tried every solution given in this thread but nothing worked. I went back to 21.0.3 and didn't work either. 21.0.2 is doing just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicollet.

I catch the same problem with Photoshop 2020 it wasn't before.  I have iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)  Radeon Pro 580 8gb Photoshop 2020. 21.1 - the previous version, unfortunately, did not work as well. I tried till 21.00.

Please help me with these issues. 

Please find the screenshots below, 

Снимок экрана 2020-03-06 в 18.03.18.pngСнимок экрана 2020-03-06 в 18.03.32.pngСнимок экрана 2020-03-06 в 18.03.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This don't work any longer.

I need import video function and this is really frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the adobe cleaner and reinstalled everything and I'm back up and running. If you dont know how to do it let Adobe take over your screen on a chat window and they will fix it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines