• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit and Change the Background of an Image

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I need help editing and changing the background of an image that is not a working file from Photoshop and was created through CANVA. Can someone help me?

I've tried looking at the tutorials that were on the creative cloud, but it still didn't work.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a flattened file (only one layer and that layer is a locked Background layer), unlock it by clicking on the lock icon in the Layers panel (Window > Layers). At the bottom of the Properties panel (Window > Properties) in the Quick Actions section, select Remove Background. Then you can add whatever background you like in a layer below that layer.

Similarly, you could use the Object Selection tool (if you can't find it, use Ctrl on Windows or Command on macOS + F to search for it by name) to select the content you want to keep. Shift + select if there are multiple parts to keep. Then invert the selection by going to Select > Inverse. Use Generative Fill (Edit > Generative Fill) to use AI to create content to fill in the selected area based on the text you enter or leave it blank and have it fill it in for you based on the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what the image looks like? And what the background looks like? is it a JPEG?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can share the image here if you get stuck, and I am sure someone will get you started.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines