• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit text line in an action in 2024

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an action that puts a frame around a picture and a signature, the date is 2023 on the signature I want to change it to 2024 none of the community resolutions work as non of them are from current versions it seems by now 24 years later there would be an edit button!!  Anyway how can I change that text to 2024

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make the action available, surely someone will modify it for the purpose, or I'll edit it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you, I'll try and figure out how to copy and upload the action 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions are fairly simple so what is actually giving you problems? 

Have you tried double-clicking the step of the Action in the Actions Panel? 

Could you please provide the atn-file (as @Ciccillotto requested) or at least post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Actions, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible and the action in question fully expanded? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I tried double-clicking on the full action and the text step and I get an error saying this can not be run

2024-06-24_12-05-12.jpg

at this time continue or stop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024-06-24_12-28-44.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can I find the actions I created? I went to oath and in my presets and actions its an empty folder, I did a search for .atn files with agent ransack search and did not find my white frame action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it did not find any .atn files for that matter 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where can I find the actions I created?

By @Brian Mackey 2024

Did you save your action sets (folders) from the Action panel menu? (You didn't say.) If you don't save the Set everytime you make or edit an action, then you risk losing all of the actions in the Set. See this help page for details about saving the Set:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/migrate-actions.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some action steps can be double-clicked or use the action panel menu "record again" command for the same.

Others you just have to record a totally new step and delete the old step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some action steps can be double-clicked or use the action panel menu "record again" command for the same.

And creating a Type Layer appears to fall in this Group. 

Edit: Edit and re-record actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I am new ~~ and I don't have a "record again" that I can find

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine won't let me edit anything like the old ccs6 Its not a huge pain to recreate but LOL its 2024 and I should be able to edit it, (cursing removed) I cannot even find them On my PC~ only some preinstalled .atn files show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, you said you can't find the action, instead I see the various steps from the screenshots posted, so the action is that, now save the action on desktop and share it with us, simpler than that???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine won't let me edit anything like the old ccs6 Its not a huge pain to recreate but LOL its 2024 and I should be able to edit it, hell I cannot even find them On my PC~ only some preinstalled .atn files show up

By @Brian Mackey 2024

Nothing has changed in how items can be edited in actions.

You must use the action panel menu to save an action set folder to .atn file:

Actions-Panel.png

Loaded .atn files or newly created and unsaved action sets are temporarily stored in the Actions Palette presets file (Actions Palette.psp). This file should be considered temporary and may be subject to corruption or loss, so making an explicit save to .atn file for each action set is strongly advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the date to 2024, open the Photoshop action, locate the step where the text is added, and edit the text layer to update the date. If needed, create a new text layer with the updated date and replace the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines