• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing or inverting brushes

Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created some web brushes, but in my haste created them with the inverse color I needed. Is there a way to  doubleclick  a brush swatch,  edit invert and save back?

Want to bring back some web in between the fencing, and paint white webs in the top layer mask swatch

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 11.07.07 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Do you need to invert the brush or just paint with the same brush but loaded with the opposite colour (i.e. White/Black)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Dave & Scooter,

Thanks, but I need to invert the brush. Need to paint with white to reveal cobwebs in over the holes between the fencing. That is why I posted my layers, but realize is tough to grasp as making this mistake is what got me here.

Recreated the brush set from scratch, and worked great. Would appreciate any votes on link below, or any advice incase am missing some secret way to edit already created brushes. Sometimes I want to improve, and going back and forth testing and improving is really hard with editability.

Photoshop: Ability to update/edit brush presets | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Would really be great to be able to edit a brush. So we are working digitally and not with a permanent marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The X key will swap black and white while painting masks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines