• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am new to photoshop and cannot work out how to edit something once I have done it - can anyone help.  So for example I have written some text but now cannot seem to edit it.  In the same way I have added a shape and want to change the outline colour but cannot work out how to?  Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Which Tool is selected? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you - I just cannot seem to edit anything even if I click on the layer - not that I really know what a layer is - I just need to change font size of text and then want to make the eclipse have a red line??

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you rasterized the text layer which will make it un-editable, also you should use the shape tool to draw the eclipse.

2021-07-30 13_38_21-Window.png

This is what your layers panel should look like

2021-07-30 13_43_57-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure how you managed to rasterize the text, Photoshop’s Type Tool creates Type Layers by default. 

As @Ged_Traynor  mentioned you should create the Ellipse as a Shape Layer but alternatively you could apply a Layer Style (Layer > Layer Style > Color Overlay) to the existing Layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For the text you can either double click on the text layer or by inserting the cursor into the text, you must have the type tool selected

2021-07-30 13_29_10-Window.png

For the shape, just open the properties panel

2021-07-30 13_30_29-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines