• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminating outline with Content Aware Fill

Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to eliminate the very fine edge pixels that always seem to remain after using the Content Aware Fill tool. I have tried refining the edge - with and without feathering, shifting the edge positively and negatively, 0 radius and higher, but nothing seems to work. I am always left with a ghost edge of what I'm trying to fill. If it was a simple edge, I'd just heal it or clone stamp it, but that could take me days to do in this particular instance and I just don't have the time!

Is there a way to do this with the tools that are in PS? I am using CS6 v. 13.0.1 x64 on a Win 7 sp1 platform.

For the uber visual among us...here is a visual of what I'm left with every time.

Thank you!Ghosting.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that repeating the content Aware fill a few extra times seems to firm up the area's content so it matches the contents outside the selection area and in your case expanding the selection area first would help with the outline of the text.  You want to make sure all is within the selection so content aware will be working on those pixels.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always expand my selection by at least 2 pixels before running the content aware fill. Sometimes it takes a little more if the selection edges are soft. To expand a selection go to Select > modify > expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Theresa! exactly the tip I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines