• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

email link not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I created a LinkedIn post with a button with a email.  However I can't find the "save for web" option and when I open the jpeg file the button isn't clickable.  Whatsgoing on?  Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mindy30350312xc0f you need to understand that links are not embedded inside a jpg - they are exported to an HTML file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mindy30350312xc0f 

When you create links using Slices, Photoshop writes the html code that needs to be inserted in the larger html file. It is not attached to the image itself. Slices were introduced in the old days when we used font codes and tables and hand coded our html. Now it's all css and divs. 

When you saved your slices, Photshop should have created the html file in addition to the new images. That's where you'll find the mailto: code.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear it saved it as a html file.  What should I do?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mindy30350312xc0f when you export for web its an option on the save screen (image, Image and HTML) either way - the HTML will not work with a LinkedIn ad the way you expect it to.

You should research how to post an ad link in a LinkedIn post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines