• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Epson Scan' not working in Photoshop 23.5.1 but works great in CS3

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for decades and the previous version I owned was CS3 which imported from Epson Scan perfectly.  With 2022 (23.5.1 as of this post), I only get very basic WIA support with very little control over scanning parameters.  I can run Epson Scan from the Windows 10 Start Menu and it works just fine.  CS3 gets the same Epson Scan screens when using Import.  I have been a susbcriber of Creative Cloud for 1.5 years and am current on updates but the bug still has not been corrected.

Anyone else have this problem?  Any fixes?  Obiously, this not a driver issue as it works fine in CS3 on the same computer with Windows 10 version 21H1.

Epson Scan from the Start Menu, from CS3, and horrible WIA from 2022 (23.5.1):

EpsonScanFromStartMenu2022Win10.jpgPhotoshopCS3WIAEpsonScanner.jpgPhotoshop2022WIAEpsonScanner.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug.

CS3 used  the so called TWAIN driver, which made it possible to scan directly into Photoshop.

TWAIN was abandoned years ago, it was 32-bit, and won't work with the current 64-bit Photoshop.

So you have to use EpsonScan as standalone, and then open the files in Photoshop.

This is IMO a much better workflow, since it lets you work in Photoshop while scanning.

See also

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/epson-scanner-twain-driver/td-p/10185...

Note to moderator: Please change to Discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your insight.  It makes some sense and in fact it always used to annoy me that I had to close the scanning screen to do anything more in Photoshop. I will learn to use the new workflow to my advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines