• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser / brush tool not working properly in Photoshop (Windows)

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm sure this is just a setting I hit but for the life of me I cant figure out why by brush and eraser tool only functions on a single click, not painting.  When I place my eraser or brush and and right click it effects that single spot but when I click, hold and drag it doesn't do anything beyond the first spot.  To erase or paint anything I have to click, move to new spot and click again, move to new spot and click again, and so on.

I've tried resetting the tool, reseting all tools, still nothing.  Any help would be appreciated. 

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble with the brush tool that you see in photoshop. We're here to help.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop and Windows on your system? Do you see this issue after any latest system or application update? What are the Mode, Opacity, and Flow sets?

RanjishaSengupta_0-1655844991876.png

Do you see the same issue if you create a new file? 

You can try resetting Photoshop preferences using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks! 

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines