• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser tool doesn't fill cursor shape on laptop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to word this as accurately as possible because it's a weird problem. I've searched Adobe as well as Google, and no luck. I'm using Photoshop CC 2022 (23.3.1) on both iMac (2020) and Macbook Pro (2019). Both Macs running OS Monterey 12.3.1. Plenty of RAM and scratch disk space on both. Photoshop preferences are identical on both. On the iMac, the Eraser (hard round brush, hardness, flow, opacity all 100%, cursor is "normal brush tip") erases all the way out to the edge of the cursor circle, just as I've always been used to. Yet on the Macbook, it only erases to about 3/4 of the diameter of the cursor circle (see screen shot), which makes it really difficult to do any kind of accurate work. PLEASE NOTE - I am not a power user. I've used Photoshop for simple tasks and have been satisfied. This new wrinkle is totally out of the blue and seems to be hardware-related, which I've never heard of. Any insights?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update to my post: Don't know why I didn't try this before, but the same problem happens with the Brush tool as well. I position the round cursor, click, and the fill only comes to about 3/4 of the circle diameter. Is there some underlying setting I'm missing? As I said, preferences on both Macs are identical, but I'm unfamiliar with brush settings, etc. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you double-checked all the brush settings? -see attachment-

warmly/j

2022-04-26_06-29-51.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did, and no joy. But - thanks to the luck of the draw and some suggested other threads - I did find the solution. And it's as weird as the problem. Basically, the size of the cursor and the actual size of the brush/eraser in Photoshop are affected by a setting in System Preferences -> Accessibility. Here's the discussion that did the trick:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/brush-tool-cursor-size/td-p/9337046

I echo the original poster's pique at the idea that a Photoshop element like cursor "fill" is tied to a System Preference. How does inaccuracy in using a brush contribute to better accessibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines