• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser tool not working properly for me

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've researched this and can't find an answer. The Eraser does not erase with one swipe, but I have to use multiple swipes. This slows me down when I am drawing/painting. Does anyone know what the fix is?

This tool works the right way in Elements and any other software program I have used. This has got me stumped.

I am using a Wacom Intous 5 tablet, Mac OS High Sierra, and Photoshop 2018 CC.

My pen pressure on my tablet is set to firm and eraser is set to soft.

I've reset preferences through the Terminal on the iMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tool options are you using???

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By that, do you mean, which brush do I have the eraser set to? I have had some luck with the mode set to Block. Not my favorite.

My opacity and flow are set to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you are using you wacom pen how the eraser bursh setting are set.  If you press hard dose it erase better are the brush edges soft or hard etc.  There are many way to control eraseing same with painting many options....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JJMack. Yeah, I've been playing around with the wacom system preferences. One thing I didn't try and now just tried was using the eraser of the wacom pen to earase. And it works! Funny, I never have used the pen that way. So, thank you for your help. Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines