Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Err0r 205

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Every time I start up Photoshop on my Mac, the error code 205 keeps popping up and prevents me from working. Tried to log off and re-enter creative cloud but the error message is still there, please offer advice on how to resolve this, please.

Kind regards,

Chin

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error205

Error 205 indicates an install error. If logging out and back in did not resolve, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it
hasn't resolved the issue as the error message kept popping up. Is there
any other way to fix the bug?

Kind regards,
Chin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin17495616ie5w where are you located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chin

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32 G ram and 700GB space left, should be aplenty right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am located in the UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you've tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin17495616ie5w sorry to hear this.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory,

The problem is that photoshop does not allow me to boot up, it stops at the error message and i cannot proceed any further to collect any information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update @Kevin17495616ie5w 

If your apps were working & have recently started encountering this error, please try these steps and let me know if they help.

• In the Creative Cloud app, press CTRL + ALT + T (Win) or CMD + OPT + T (macOS) to launch Creative Cloud Troubleshooter & select 'Close Creative Cloud and related processes' > click on Go.
    Doublecheck the Task Manager (Windows) & Activity Monitor (macOS) to ensure no processes related to Adobe or Creative Cloud are running & end the process if found active.
  • Windows - Press Windows + R to open Run Dialogue > enter %TEMP% > Click on OK > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • macOS - In Finder > press & hold OPT key > go to the top menu GO > Select Library > go to Logs > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • Restart the computer
  • Sign in to Creative Cloud again.
  • Download Ps again through CCD and see if you are able to launch.

Thank you,

Corty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there, 

The error code has yet to be resolved and the I have followed your procedure by deleting the NGL files and folders. Now the creative cloud keep signing out my account adn I have no access to Creative cloud either. Please help, this is getting worse by the minute.

Kind regards,

Chin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kevin17495616ie5w if you can, go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply. Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines