• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 48: File or folder does not exist.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While attempting automate-lens correction or photomerge I get the above error with the additional  

Line: 36

->  $.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "StackSupport.jsx");

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to reinstall these support files or how I can fix my problem. Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Downloading the file from the site listed makes me a bit nervous, perhaps it shouldn't, if it has been altered in any way.

Not a bad attitude.

I suppose you could also install a previous Photoshop version and transfer the file from there … though I am not completely sure whether the file has been modified for the recent release, but I doubt it based on the copyright information.

// (c) Copyright 2005-2007  Adobe Systems, Incorporated.  All rights reserved.

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file present in the Presets/Scripts/Stack Scripts Only-Folder in the application Folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac and am unsure where to even look for these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac, too, and you should be able to locate the Photoshop’s app-file via Options > Show in Folder from the Dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I found the path and folder and there is no file StackSupport.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who removed it and, more importantly, where to?

Please do a search, maybe it has not been deleted yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where or how it got deleted as I am the only one who uses this computer, search this mac reveals no file. Any way to get it back?

I thought reinstalling might work but don't get how to do this without losing other plugins and actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try downloading the file:

File Finder · GitHub

photoshop-scripts/StackSupport.jsx at master · LeZuse/photoshop-scripts · GitHub

I think one should back-up one’s customised presets (Actions, Brushes, Patterns, Styles, …) to another locations for safekeeping anyway.

As for the plugins you probably should install them properly if you decide to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop instead of just copying them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Appreciate your time and efforts.

I have adobe cc with PS installed on my desktop (on notebook now) so when I return from traveling in a few weeks will see if it is on that system to copy. I have so many plugins which require deactivation and activation with reinstalling it would be a big undertaking. Downloading the file from the site listed makes me a bit nervous, perhaps it shouldn't, if it has been altered in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the file from the site listed makes me a bit nervous, perhaps it shouldn't, if it has been altered in any way.

Not a bad attitude.

I suppose you could also install a previous Photoshop version and transfer the file from there … though I am not completely sure whether the file has been modified for the recent release, but I doubt it based on the copyright information.

// (c) Copyright 2005-2007  Adobe Systems, Incorporated.  All rights reserved.

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the desktop and my notebook are the same version with all the same plugins and actions so version differences shouldnt be a problem. Ill just have to miss the lens correction and photomerge for a few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you could install an old version additionally to your current one (see the link above), then copy the jsx file in question to your more current one’s appropriate Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i will give it a try and let you know how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked perfectly, thanks so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines