• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 148:3 - Photoshop CS4 for Windows

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a message that comes up whenever I try to open Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended.

"Licensing for this product has stopped working.

This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched

If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error 148:3

http://www.adobe.com/support"

I restarted several times but I still get the error. How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

I dont know if you fixed it yet but this is what I did to fix the same problem.

The repair tool from Adobe worked great.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you wssparky! I was having the same issue, and the link you mentioned worked brilliantly

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2010 Jan 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error message yesterday, ironically, and the Adobe repair tool worked fabulously. I was getting a little worried when this happened, but the repair tool did what it was supposed to do perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you might well have solved this by now, but for any one els this

is is how i solved this problem on windows xp sp3 using indesign cs4

got to start on bottom of screen, then click on run, enter service.msc

on the list that now opens goto the line "flexnet licensing service" double click to open - make sure that the startup type is set to manual. then apply this and close. after i did this i could start indesign OK.

I know this is a forum and not tech support , but when you get lost around these sites like me, then like tesco, "every little helps"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you wsssparky!  I too had the problem (because of a problem yesterday another company's support had me clean up all the hidden startup programs in msconfig).

All I had was the mysterious 148:3 with the error asking me to restart the machine! (Thanks--that's 5 min. down the drain.)

Ran the licenserecover program and restarted Dreamweaver CS4.  Perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently been cleaning up some of the programs in my computer in the hopes of getting it to load faster (bad idea for me). Photoshop was giving me the error message 148:3 and telling me to restart the computer. After reading these posts, I realized I had unchecked several startup services, one of which was FLEXnet Licensing service. When I rechecked this service and restarted the computer, Photoshop started without the error message. Problem solved - thanks to some of you on this forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had the 148:3 error with Acrobat Pro 9 on a terminal server

and found that the Flexnet service wasn't running. Started it again and now Pro

works fine. Thanks to TC4444 and dwjak30 for steering me in the right

direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,

I face the same problem with Error Code (148:3) and I installed it on Windows 7 , 32-bit Operating system.

Please help!

Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the program at the link from wssparky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the software from Adobe.com and pay for it.

Stop trying to steal things!  Shall we come to your house and just take your car?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,t know what your problem is

Noel Carboni but I have a fully paid copy of the programme that I purchased direct from Adobe. Just because

People have turned off the licenced option under msconfig does not make them a thief

- next time you want to make such accusations i suggest you get a good lawyer, as a small business

Owner who pays his way for everything I can do without a self important big mouth

like you making such comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note specifically who I responded to.  Hint:  It wasn't you.

As a small business owner myself who sells software, you might try to imagine my own sensitivity to the subject.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey buddy,

I do not know about your intentions but I have a fully paid copy of the programme which I purchased direct from Adobe. The other link which I refered to is another program I have found through the web because the primary one has the same Error Code 148:3.

Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intent is to make it clear that I for one don't tolerate piracy or stealing software.

If I have offended you or anyone using a legal license I'm sorry.  But people shouldn't need praise for doing things legally, and if you ARE using legally licensed software then I'm sure you understand and agree.

Just keep in mind that people legitimately trying to work out licensing issues don't generally frequent warez and file sharing sites known to distribute cracked software, and your having posted that link identifies you as, at the very least, someone interested in those sites.

If you go walking on the seedy side of town, don't be surprised when people who see you associate you with your surroundings.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to another solution that works perfectly without having to download anything - http://jaredheinrichs.com/photoshop-cs4-error-1483.html

It's really strange, I never had this problem with a hacked version of photoshop, when my business went big and I could afford Photoshop I bought it to have a legal copy, new computer new installation and I started having problems, maybe Adobe should get hackers to RE-PROGRAM their faulty apps to actually work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using stolen software to make your business sucessful?

You must have skipped class when they taught that part in business ethics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for misreading what I actually wrote and so says someone who most likely lives in the good ol USA and who benefits from her good fortune. Try living in poverty where you make no money while trying to be honest, it just doesn't work that way my friend. At least I ended up actually buying the software when I could (while almost going bankrupt in the process) and unfortunately I would not say that I have reached a level of success that you speak of, maybe one day. Not to mention that Adobe hikes up proces if you don't live in the US. Lightroom cost us $50 more that you would pay.

My actual rant was that bought software is usually buggy vs hacked software, no that's a sad fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you wrote plain as day that you were using a hacked version of Photoshop. Then you purchased a legal copy when you could afford it. Don't sugar coat theft by pulling out the poverty card. Theft is theft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was the victim of a fraud copy of photoshop cs4 extended once. I recieved an offer from a reputable seller (an individual). The offer seemed legitimate..."Sealed box". I bought it, and I had some issues installing it, but it ran fine once it was installed. One day I got an error screen when I started the program that requesting the serial number, or running as trial. At that point I was sure that it was not a legitimate copy. That was very disappointing. From that, I've learned that it is worth the extra money to get a real version of photoshop. Instead of using a stolen version of photoshop, I use gimp now. It is free of course, and some say it is a lot like Photoshop, but I feel at home when I download a trial version of Photoshop CS. Certain minor differences actually make a big difference. I'll have to invest in the full program one of these days.

P.S. I'm guessing that the person who sold me the program was actually the one who got ripped off, not me (well, both of us...). After all, he said that he purchased it from another guy in a fairly large quantity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks buddy,

I will try it later on because now, I have already completely removed Acrobat. I am using WIN7 and I;ve just found Flexnet service. The services was running but the setting it was to manual. Then , I change it to Auto ( with a delayed start). See the attached Flexnet screenshot.

At the moment, I face another problem. I bought my new laptop with Ms office Home and Student 2007 60 Day Trial. Since I bought Ms office Home and Student 2007 60 Day Trial, I face a lot of problems. One of them is the Powerpoint Application. Powerpoint always opens with an error regardless the 60 Day license which now expired (see the attached - Powerpoint error- screenshot). THIS ERROR CANNOT BE FIXED UNLESS YOU RE-INSTALL WHOLE MS OFFICE. EVEN MORE, THIS ERROR CANNOT BE REPAIRED IF YOU TRY TO REPAIR IT FROM CONTROL PANEL> PROGRAM AND FEATURES(see the attached - Repair Ms Office- screenshot).

My comment is that Microsoft is controlling the market worldwide and indirectly receives money from everybody because the manufacturing computer companies sell their pcs with the pre installed Microsoft products by using Trial Versions as a result the consumers forced and buy them. This monopoly should stop!

At my case, I feel a victim because when I bought my laptop the Ms office Home and Student 2007 Trial Software, it was already pre installed on my pc without the enclosed CD of this software. As a result, I cannot fix any errors by re-installing it but just pay to buy the full version.

Flexnet.pngRepair Ms Office.pngPowerpoint error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get a PC chock full of good software cheaply, but without media to restore it from if it fails; then despite the operating system's recommendations you make no backup yourself from which you can restore it; you practice unsafe or stupid computing practices that result in "errors" - more correctly described as "you loaded it up with junk and broke it"; then you blame Microsoft for bad business practices?  You feel like you're a victim?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a life Noel or do you just hang out waiting for the latest notes here so you can spew your self righteous drivel? Not EVERYBODY can be a computer god like you seem to think you are...ummm hmmm why ARE you on this particular posting thread? with your know it all attitude one would think you just waved your arms at problems. Give Anton a break...calling his errors stupid? what did you call YOUR errors before you knew better? I can't count the number of systems I have worked on over the years where problems could have been avoided if only the people had known better, but ya know what? That is part of what is known as the learning process. I watch my wife on occasion making errors... but I don't call HER stupid...she has a Ph.D. in chemistry for gosh sakes and happens to work for one of the worlds largest tech companies but she too learns every day. As for Antons grief over pre loaded software....hey I feel his pain. Frankly I wish they would just give you a CD or (cheaper option) links to download trialware instead of just loading up the computers with them. In spite of your statement : You get a PC chock full of good software cheaply... not everybody wants or needs that stuff. The only time I get stuck with all that trial crap is when I buy a laptop as I have built all of my desktops and servers for 20 years but getting preloaded stuff HAS come back to haunt me in other areas... like my new EVO phone...loaded with resource hogging stuff I do not want OR need. And don't even start trying to defend MS's business practices; you might not be old enough to remember when IE was a total joke and MS was trying to get some market share. "Somehow" back then if you happened to go to he MS site using another browser you would "somehow" get infected with something which would cause your browser to flip out. Add to that the long list of things... some shady, some seedy, that MS has done to dominate the market and it makes one think you might be an MS mole if you scream too loudly about how COOL MS is LOL.

Ok here endeth my rant; I'm glad to see others are still finding this thread even though it is STILL the case that if you go to the Adobe site and search for the error code this thread addresses you come up empty handed.

I don't know if this is still an issues with CS5....I don't have the budget to upgrade my CS4 Master collection yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you for your opinion.  I shall treasure it.

Silly rants aside, it is actually possible to get a great deal of value out of Microsoft software.  And if Microsoft simply gets your goat, just buy a Mac.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point was and IS that I think we can be a little nicer and more understanding here in this forum. We obviously have widely varied levels of knowledge and I for one don't think it serves any of us well to go calling each other silly or stupid or anything else.

I am VERY grateful I found this thread as when my Adobe suite flipped out I was at a total loss at what to do and Adobe's "official" channels (that *I* found at any rate) offered no solution. I again offer my thanks to wssparky who provided the link to the fix I used.

Also, I am NOT in any way saying there is no value to be found in MS's software. Given the fact my copy (signature edition) of Win7 Ultimate was actually GIVEN to me by MS and the fact I was able through a program MS has to buy the Office 2010 suite for $9.95 I'd be a hypocrite to try and claim they offer no value. That said however, I still feel for Anton and his plight. Like the rest of us I'm sure he will learn from this experience. I still maintain that all the "bundled" stuff that comes with a new computer can be a mixed "blessing". All of the manufacturers have links to trial ware on their sites so preloading it isn't doing anybody that big of a favor. The first thing I do with a factory built computer is a wipe following which I do a clean installation of whatever I actually want on my computer but that's just me.

Again, thanks to all who provide assistance here and my apologies if I have offended anyone.

-jazz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines