• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error_Photoshop

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not complete your request because a SOFn, DQT or DHT JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi one simple solution is shown in video also...Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You haven't provided any helpful information at all, what are your system specs, Photoshop and OS version, is this happening to all images or just one

Take a look at this bit

Tips for effective posting

ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Same with me!!

Невозможно выполнить запросперед маркером JPEG SOS отсутствует маркер SOFn, DQT или DHT JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me Macbook Pro... Not every files.  but many!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the above error in both Apple and pc versions.  my application Adobe photoshop cs6 and photoshop 7, for some photos i am getting this error and it is increasing now. error image also attachederror.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac OS 10.6   and in windows 10 & 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-05-25 (1).png

No open photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, CS 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, working in a photoshop cc2014 in a windows8

Any help would be very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Adobe CC fully updated.  My colleague took pics with his phone and sent them to me via email, something we regularly do.  I CAN open them with Finder, no problem, so they aren't corrupted or anything.

But Bridge refuses them (no thumbnail), then Photoshop with that exact same message.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 16.09.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, PC here win10. Images from my Google Photos account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, same...

Win10, PhotoshopCC, some images saved from WhatsApp (and some others),

open in paint and save new "solves" the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird to note that it's happening:

a. with Whatsapp images i receive on my phone, which then I email myself to open on iMac. 

b. Images emailed directly to me from colleague's phone.

In both cases i dropped, as usual, the pics into Bridge, which then gave that same message when opening in Photoshop.

In all cases, dropping the images onto the desktop and opening with Finder, is ok, so the images are not corrupted per se.

On the other hand, I emailed a pic i took with my phone, to myself as above, and all went well (no third party smart phone & no whatsapp involved). 

Not sure whether there is any correlation. Maybe most of this info is irrelevant, however trying to provide as much details as possible maybe someone with deeper knowledge can help us get to the bottom of this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue - WhatsApp pics seem to be the issue for me too. What I did was open in preview, export and then everything worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way round it is to open with irfanview and Save As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe this helps: (in my case it works)
so - go to the folger with your fotos - then mark all of them - then click the right mousebutton - then go to "SageThums" - and here click on "change to jpg" and then ... magic .. you can open the fotos in Adope Photoshop 🙂
tell me if it works also in your cas! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sagethums?

That is not on most computers, it sounds like a 3rd party programme.

You can open it with irfanview or any other basic image viewer and save as jpeg, but that's a work around that should not be necessary.

Adobe should fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.  Its a nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look all this images come from smartphones.

No one from my Sony or Canon get the same issue.

The easiest way that I found to solve the problem is losslessly rotate images back and forth in ACDSee and then no problems in Photoshop.

Shame on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this works for me on Windows 10.

Open picture in Windows Photo Viewer, rotate and close. Now it opens in Photoshop. weird ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's due to the phone the photos were taken with.

my friend uses a very cheap phone and

idk if its relevant and mailed me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I solved it with this method (I am using windows OS), first select the image/photo (which is couldn't opened in photosop), right click, open with Paint, when the Paint open good with the image you choose save as .jpg with different file name, after that, open the new file (that you saved from the Paint) in Photoshop, works for me hopefully works for you guys.

The thing is, I still have no idea, how to fix the "SOFn DQT...." problem permanently, its so exhausting when you need to open so many images in photoshop with that problem, if you guys have the permanent solution, please share, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, it works! Thanks bro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix

make a plain canvas of the same size as the image

go to file-> place embedded

and place it

now you can edit it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution.

You only have to do is change the format of the picture to JPG and it will work.

You can use this website is online: Conversor de imágenes a JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines