• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: There is a problem with Generator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For past two days, I get this error and some of PS function don't work: "There is a problem with Generator. Please quit Photoshop and try again. If the problem persists, remove any third-party plug-ins or try reinstalling Photoshop."

Today, I updated PS, and it installed this version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.8 20191122.r.92 2019/11/22: 1208122 x64

I don't think I've added any plugins and the Generator plugin in the photoshop files is empty.

I've restarted PS, I've restarted my machine, and I've udpated the software.  I still get this same error message.  I can't find a support ticket system for monthly subscription users, is there one?  Please assist. Sincerely, VT

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Hi,

Me too had the same issue and tried almost everything to get rid of the warning message for which the results were negative after every attempt.But, Finally when I had an accidental glance to my notifications panel, which is at the bottom most right corner of the task bar in Win 10 I got the solution for it.

When I clicked the notification which said "Unauthorised changes blocked(Controlled access blocked)"  it lead me to the " Virus & threat Secur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you upgraded your CC Desktop app to the latest version 5.0.0.354?  I ask because the current version of Photoshop is 21, not 20.

Resetting Preferences fixes most problems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If you still need help, log-in to your Adobe account below.

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Scroll down to Contact Adobe button at page bottom.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was helpful, but not the fix.  I see TWO PS icons in my Creative Cloud Desktop app ... I have been opening the first one, the second on is v.21.0.2.  I don't know why there are two, to be honest. So, I am now opening the correct PS icon and have pinned that one to my taskbar. Unfortunately, I get the same error even w/this v21 version of PS.  

The error msg when I opened PS v21 provided a link to https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error---there-is-a-problem-with-generator--occurs-when-launchin...

Following the instructions at this link, for Solution #1 I added a folder "Adobe Photoshop CC 2020" as I saw already Adobe Photoshop CC 2018, Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 and Adobe Photoshop 2020 ... just to play it safe though I doubt it needed added.

For Solutions #2, there was not Reflow generator plugin in either of the Generator folders I saw for Photoshop

1- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\Generator  or

2 - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\Generator

...so I couldn't use solution 2.  Thanks for showing me how to contact Adobe support, that is my next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the CC Desktop app, version is 5.0.0.354

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suddenly started happening today.

I uninstalled all adobe programs, removed out all the directories and removed all the appdata directories, did a clean install of photoshop and it still occurs. Yes I have the latest release of photoshop.

So many people report this problem and it seems adobe cannot diagnose or solve it.

I have been through all the suggestions and none of them work.

Because of this I can't use photoshop at present and I have work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted w Adobe support, gave them control of my machine. The first thing
he did was uninstall Malwarebytes. when it looked like he was about to
uninstall my antivirus, I stopped him and told him I could just disable it
temporarily. then we retested and the generator error was gone. I restarted
my machine and the generator error is still gone. Even with antivirus back
on. I have not reinstalled Malwarebytes, but I suspect it was blocking some
software or message coming from Adobe, seeing it as a possible threat. I
hope this is helpful for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I reset the pc and installed software one by one testing photoshop and found it was malwarebytes that caused the problem.

It's discussed on their forums and the solution is to exclude node.exe from ransomware checking.

That is a program in the photoshop directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone - I upgraded to Photoshop 21.0.2 and have trouble with getting a "Generator" bug.  It is impacting my ability to export and print from Photoshop.  I downgraded back to 21.0.1 and the problem goes away.  Anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on the specifics (eg any error messages) or show some screen shots. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Error.PNG

Hey Michael,

Thanks for responding.  Here is the message I get during Photoshop Startup.  Export to PNG doesn't work, so I assume this error is related.  Any help would GREATLY be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the log file for the generator.  Seems there is a conflict with the Pipe reader (whatever that is)

Log file created on Sun Jan 19 2020 00:03:00 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

[info:core 00:03:00.398 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:114:22] Launching with config:
{}
[info:core 00:03:00.399 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:116:26] provided PS information:
version 21.0
pathC:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020

[info:core 00:03:00.405 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:237:30] Detected Photoshop version: 21.0.0
[warning:core 00:03:00.409 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:133:30] Photoshop error Pipe read error: Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open '\\.\pipe\58831003-b49d-e342-99ec-ebd372af6fa9_i'
[warning:core 00:03:00.410 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:133:30] Photoshop error Pipe write error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '\\.\pipe\58831003-b49d-e342-99ec-ebd372af6fa9_o'
[warning:app 00:03:00.416 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\app.js:217:29] No viable plugins were found in 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\Generator'
[info:core 00:03:00.417 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1926:26] Loading plugin: generator-assets (v2.9.13) from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\assets.generate
[warning:core 00:03:00.512 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:915:26] WARNING the imageChanged event is expensive, please consider NOT listening to it
[info:core 00:03:00.514 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1942:26] Plugin loaded: generator-assets
[info:core 00:03:00.514 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1926:26] Loading plugin: crema (v3.2.12) from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate
[info:core 00:03:00.693 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1942:26] Plugin loaded: crema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. This error is new to me, but when you Google it, it is a well know problem that goed back ages.

It started after (automatically) installing 21.0.2.

I'm not able to get anything exported.

Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the latest logfile

Log file created on Mon Jan 20 2020 15:07:29 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)

[info:core 15:07:29.340 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:114:22] Launching with config:
{}
[info:core 15:07:29.340 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:116:26] provided PS information:
version 21.0
pathC:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020

[info:core 15:07:29.347 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:237:30] Detected Photoshop version: 21.0.0
[warning:core 15:07:29.351 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:133:30] Photoshop error Pipe read error: Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open '\\.\pipe\f153867a-ab7e-3446-8134-202ff2c146ff_i'
[warning:core 15:07:29.352 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:133:30] Photoshop error Pipe write error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '\\.\pipe\f153867a-ab7e-3446-8134-202ff2c146ff_o'
[info:core 15:07:29.358 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1926:26] Loading plugin: generator-assets (v2.9.13) from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\assets.generate
[warning:core 15:07:29.447 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:915:26] WARNING the imageChanged event is expensive, please consider NOT listening to it
[info:core 15:07:29.449 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1942:26] Plugin loaded: generator-assets
[info:core 15:07:29.450 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1926:26] Loading plugin: crema (v3.2.12) from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate
[info:core 15:07:29.620 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1942:26] Plugin loaded: crema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking Enable Generator in preferences and restating Photoshop to see if it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged,

I didn't even know there was an "Enable Generator" setting.

I've tried it and it works partially. If it is disabled, you don't get the error message when starting Photoshop, but

when you try to do an export it fails with the infamous pop-up. When you revisit the preferences, it appears that the "Enable Generator" has been enabled again. So the export is the culprit for setting it back. Which is somewhat unexpected.

I guess they'll have to look at the code differences between .01 en .02.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've got the same issue now across all three previous versions of Photoshop. I've downgraded all the way to 20.0.8 and all of them have the same issue with the "Generator" issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, went as far as deleting EVERYTHING and doing a clean install, still have the same problem. Unable to export any images and it keeps reselecting the use generator checkbox. This doesn't look like an isolated problem, hope Adobe fixes their software so I can get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post a bug report on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged,

I'm a paying customer and not a beta tester who needs to put in bug reports in the hope one day it will be fixed.

This is a major problem for many people caused by a faulty release.

I 'm not impressed by Adobe support at all when I look at their support process.

I'm glad I have the Affinity suite, so I can get on with my business.

Rudi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you don't report it as a bug how is Adobe going to know about it, this is a user forum and Adobe don't really participate here, so posting on the feedback forum will get their attention. I don't experience the issue on both PC's that I have with Windows 10 and Photoshop 20.0.3 and it's not affecting everyone

I also use Affinity and that is not immune to bugs either, they also have a forum for reporting bugs as with any software company

2020-01-23 08_21_47-Forums - Affinity _ Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged,

Sorry my bad. I thought that support would monitor customer complaints in THEIR forums and filter out possible bugs and use this information to fix it and prevent others from having the same issue. Or at least participate and suggest actions.

Now I understand a problem only exists if I, the customer, copy/paste the same information onto another portal.

Yes, it might not affect everyone, but lets face it, it started after an update from Adobe, not after something I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it's been an issue for sometime a quick Google search for There is a problem with generator Photoshop CC  goes back a good few versions. So you're definitely not alone with the issue.

I found this not sure if it will help

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error---there-is-a-problem-with-generator--occurs-when-launchin...

I see it was reported here a month ago and no reply from Adobe

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-there-is-a-problem-with-generator-occurs-whe...

I'll post a link to this thread and any others I find into the above thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged, spent 4 hours with support remoting my computer and they gave up, I'v been elivated to a higher level of support but they are talking days before I get contacted.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines