• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ESC, Delete/ Backspace no longer working with the Polygonal Lasso

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a selection with the polygonal lasso I used to be able to use the ESC key to exit out of the selection. Also, using the delete or backspace key used to allow me to go pack to a previous point in my selection. Neither of these functions are working for me anymore on Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Photoshop 23.4.2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm, this bug is still present in the current Photoshop versions. It gets even worse with this sticky behavior of the mouse. It's not only when using the space bar. It appears very often.

Furthermore Photoshop now crashes very often when using the "Select and Mask" tools.

These "updates" kill all my workflows more and more... Thanks for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experiencing this problem. I found a temporary fix which is by holding shift key (keyboard) on the first click when using the polygonal lasso tool.

So, everytime you want to use the tool, decide a start point on the image, then hold the shift key, click the start point with the polygonal lasso tool, release the shift key. Using this method, the Esc/Backspace key always function normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this same problem with lasso knocking out my keyboard entirely...not just in photoshop. Have to restart the computer each time. Working on latest version of PS...windows 11 system. 

I've tried this work around twice now with positive results. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just switched to another employer and got a brand new PC, new Windows 11, new Adobe CC and new Photoshop CC.

From the scratch the bug still occurs. And several other bugs I know since some time.

Honestly, this is not acceptable for me anymore. I cannot rely on Photoshop and Adobe anymore.

@Sivv.Ai: Thank you. I will try that. Most of the time I have activated the "add selection" function anyway and that's why I don't press the Shift key very often here. Sometimes I need the "subtract selection" function (Alt key). So I hope holding down the Alt key works too. We'll see...

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines