• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Evented I/O for V8 JavaScript, is it safe?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening Photoshop CC (14.1.2) I receive a Window Security Alert stated that Windows Firewall has blocked some feature of this app. The details are as follows: Windows Firewall has blocked some of the features of Evented I/O for V8 Javascript on all public and private networks. The publisher is Joyent, Inc. and the path is C:/program files/adobe/adobe photoshop cc (64 bit)/photoshop-node.exe. My question, is it safe to allow Evented I/O for V8 to communicate on private and/or public networds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

OK, I will try to explain easily the workaround proposed by annexa89826053

1. Go to here and download process explorer: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

2. You will get a .zip file that you need to extract to a normal windows folder -> Right click extract

3. Run the file procexp.exe

4. Accept the  license terms

5. Once the Process Explorer is running you can select from the list a process called: node.exe (green icon)

6. right click node.exe and select Suspend

DONE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's more like an answer to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link jb-john.

jb-john wrote:

Node.exe is used by Adobe Generator (Introducing Adobe Generator for Photoshop CC | PHOTOSHOP.COM BLOG).

You can turn it off in Preferences > Plugins > Untick 'Enable Generator' and it will no longer appear in your task list.

If anyone needs a more specific explanation...

After more than a year of using Adobe CC without seeing this firewall alert it just popped up after I installed Edge Reflow and opened Photoshop. See below...

"Adobe Edge Reflow CC Connectivity
Generator also enables a real-time connection between Photoshop and Edge Reflow, the responsive web design application available as part of Creative Cloud. This connection allows you to get assets from your Photoshop document into Edge Reflow with just one click, so you can get started on your responsive design right away."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful! What If I dont' have PS and Edge Reflow? I have only Ai and a trial of AE. Luckily, I don't have issues with firewall, but why do I even need this exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Node.exe is used by Adobe Generator (Introducing Adobe Generator for Photoshop CC | PHOTOSHOP.COM BLOG).

You can turn it off in Preferences > Plugins > Untick 'Enable Generator' and it will no longer appear in your task list.

hi

mine is always disabled but i photoshop loads Node.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just got the same message but relating to BT Hub - my link to the internet - So I am still confused and do not intend to allow at this time - any views?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it should be blocked, I don't even know why antivirus is not detecting this as virus, maybe because it's just a malware which collects data and sends, my pc started to freeze sometimes when this program runs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - most helpful and explanatory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davev98242618 wrote:

Thank you - most helpful and explanatory

Unfortunately it's not helpful at all.

node.exe is used to run Javascript programs on your computer without having to do so in a web browser. In fact, it uses the Javascript engine found in Google's Chrome web browser, the open source V8 Javascript engine.

In this regard, Node is similar to Flash Player, which runs ActionScript in SWF files. It can be used for good purposes, like Flash games, or bad purposes, like annoying animated splash screens and banner ads.

You "BT Broadband help tool" might use Node to ping a BT webserver to check if you have Internet connectivity, or retrieve current information from the web to display on your desktop. For these purposes, it would need network access.

Adobe use Node to run legitimate plug-ins and routines written in Javascript. To receive and send data through the network, Node needs network permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error too...eroare.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi System Admin here: our marketing people start getting this problem today:  Windows Pop Up "Event I/O for V8 JavaScript has stopped working"

I have upgraded all Adobe apps and also I have upgraded Java to the latest version 8 update 66 -> Problem persists

This is preventing my marketing team to work, can please someone advise ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also started seeing this error. Any help would be great. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received this pop-up msg repeatedly and looped. Then this warning when trying to close Windows error-report service: "

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0x958 (2392), Thread ID=0x450 (1104)."

However, I do recall exactly what my actions were before this happened (I was also on Facebook at the time waiting for a reply and I thought it was a Firefox/Fbook/Java non-responsive script error.):
I inserted Hex code for Hulk-green http://www.colourlovers.com/color/158202/Hulk_green, added swatch to library and then *POOF*

Is there an official fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are encountering the same issue. The Window "Evented I/O for V8 JavaScript has stopped working" keeps popping up.

Please help.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my marketing users had the same issue today. I had to suspend the node.exe prosses in order to get rid of the error. I use Process Explorer from Windows Sysinternals on the image below

1111.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I am a mere Marketer (rather than an IT person). Is there a resource you know of showing how to do this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks annexa89826053 it worked !!!

OK, I just contacted Adobe Support and they took remote control of one of the affected PCs and they worked on it for like 30 minutes, at the end they couldn't fix the problem and told me that was a Windows problem and I should contact Microsoft...

Thank again annexa89826053, I applied your suggestion and now my co-workers from marketing can work again.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I will try to explain easily the workaround proposed by annexa89826053

1. Go to here and download process explorer: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

2. You will get a .zip file that you need to extract to a normal windows folder -> Right click extract

3. Run the file procexp.exe

4. Accept the  license terms

5. Once the Process Explorer is running you can select from the list a process called: node.exe (green icon)

6. right click node.exe and select Suspend

DONE !

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no process called "NODE.exe".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears as the pop-up window with the warning shows up and it is in green colour. Try to launch an Adobe product when process explorer is running and you ll see it.

And I can assure you it is working (no more pop ups) but I don t know what is the function of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!! Thank you pantelist92317761.

but.. Node.exe is a type of EXE file associated with MSDN Development Platform U.S. developed by Microsoft for the Windows Operating System. Maybe will cause other errors after I suspended it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Node.exe is an open-source JavaScript runtime environment. It allows the execution of Javascript programs outside of a web-browser. It is not developed by Microsoft (however they use it in their software such as Visual Studio.) (Node.js on Wikipedia)

The Creative Cloud Library functionality runs on Node.js ( with a default Windows install, you can find its Node.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary\libs\ ).

It may be used by apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro to enable support for HTML5-based panels and extensions. These can be written with HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below. You can drug that little black circle tool (Find Window's Process) to the error message and it will show you the process it is running.

22222222.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll only see it when the error pops up. Then you can run the procexp.exe and suspend node.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

run Process Explorer as administrator & "node.exe" will appear...

thanks to annexa89826053 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is temporary solution. Problem is back next day. What I should do to remove this!? I cant work because of this! eroare.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines