• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Artboards As - And try your luck today!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm trying to make light of something that I've noticed is a recurring issue in Photoshop. I don't know if it's the updates, or what, but every other day - I simply can't use the Export Artboards feature. It just buggs out. Saying things like 'it should be in the foreground' or something. I set the settings, and hit the button... Rarely, does it manage to export my 25+ artboards.

Forcing me to save things manually because I am too lazy to look for an alternative feature that should be greyed out if it's not functioning in a new update. These issues persist, regardless of my device or whether or not I'm updating my software, which I always do.

Some clarification? Why is it being so impossible? Alternative solutions? Any help would be appreciated, and is it the same for anyone else? It's been like this since before the Beta popped up because of Generative Fill. 

🖤

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One alternative would be to make Layer Comps and then use File > Export > Layer Comps to Files...

To make a Layer Comp

1. Turn off the visibility of all the layers except the ones in the artboard you want to make into a Layer Comp.
  2. Go to Window > Layer Comps.
  3. Click the + button a the bottom of the Layer Comps panel.
  4. In the New LayerComp dialog, select the desired options to Apply to Layers (you might select all of them)
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each artboard.

Then export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful! Thank you! I will explore layer comps within my workflow
and see how I can implement it to better my process.

I appreciate your response. 🖤

*T H I S I S R E A L L Y C H R I S <>*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right-click on each artboard in the layers panel and use the Export As feature, however it only supports JPEG/PNG/GIF so may be too limited. Multiple artboards can be selected with the CTRL/CMD key.

You can also use the old Layer Saver script from Paul Riggott, selecting the option for "Save All LayerSets" (artboards are a special kind of layer set/group):

https://github.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/blob/master/Layer%20Saver.jsx

https://github.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/blob/master/Layer%20Saver%20Plus.jsx

Then there are other custom scripts that have been created for dedicated tasks, such as Artboards to WebP format:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Stephen! I appreciate the detailed response. Yes, so many ways to do the same thing. I think I've just become so used to doing things in an outdated way, which does not support the workflow I am trying to achieve. It is a struggle, and learning more as I go along, is great, but scary. Thank you for the answers yall, I am all good now! Scripts and Actions are most definitely going to be investigated and kept in mind throughout the development of processes! I appreciate it. 🖤

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines