Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export GUI - Automatically Highlighting/Selecting the Name's Prefix

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work through hundreds of psd files a couple nights a week, where I export them as jpegs when I'm done working on them. The filename structure is FOO_NxM.jpg, where I only need to change FOO. When I open the export dialogue box, the entire name is highlighted (FOO_NxM.jpg). Instead, I'd like for only FOO to be highlighted when I open the export box (FOO_NxM.jpg). Is there a script I can append to the export call to do so? Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe could be better use batch rename tool e.g. in Total Commander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The task isn't suitable for a batch rename tool; I need to manually change FOO to very specific names, which don't have a pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you use some build-in Photoshop dialog to export, or you have your own script to do it? If first then you can use simple autohotkey.com command, if second then you can divide your file name display in 2 parts, 'FOO' in edittext, and _NxM.jpg next to as statictext. You can do it by regex to catch desired parts, you can even replace FOO to empty space, so you'll have only to insert some new name to a blank. Maybe post part of script that you use, so we can change that to expected result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines