• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Layers as they appear

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have loaded a bunch of JPG files as layers into photoshop.  Essentailly these are going to be timelapse, but the subject was moving while recording.  So I went through each frame and re-centered the subject.

Now I want to export the layers back to JPGs with the subject centered.

The problem that I am running into is that some of the images had to be moved significantly, so it pulled the edge of the image away from the edge of the canvas.

I'm not sure if I'm describing that correctly, but bascially - for example - i grab the image with the Move Tool and drag it to the right.  Now, along the left side is the white checkered background.

To deal with this, I created a new Background  Fill layer with a solid color that matches the rest of the image.  This works perfectly when I am viewing the images as layers in photoshop.  However, when I export them as JPGs, it does not come out correctly.

If I do FIle -> Export -> Layers to Files, it exports the image with the correct dimensions, but the left side is white.  If I right click on the layer and Choose Export As..., it essentailly trims the left side so the image dimensions are actually smaller.

How can I export all of the layers so they all keep the correct dimensions and have the solid color background?

Thanks

-M

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's a bit tedius, but I have found a workaround.

Basically, if I fill the edge using the Paint Bucket tool, it then allows me to export with the correcct image size.

Is there a bettwer way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines