Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export plugin

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everybody.
I'm new in a Photoshop plugin developing and I need your help.
I need to build a Layer's tree (for example layers rectangle coords) with Export plugin.
But I have a problem with:
1. how to make export plugin (there are many filter plugin samples). When I try just to change file extension from 8bf to 8be it's do nothing.
I changed input argument from FilterRecord to the ExportRecord, but still nothing...
2. How can I take the layer's tree? I read about ReadImageDocumentDesc. But how can I get this pointer from my plugin? can I take it from Filter plugin?

wbr Dmitry
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin type is defined in the PiPL resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I need to get Layer's groups, slices on the Layers and Text from text layer. is it possible to get with API. Is it possible to get sucho information with Export plugin, or I need to use automation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2008 Oct 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your reply. I didn't know about PiPL.
I made export plugin. I can get Channels list from ReadImageDocumentDesc structure of ExportRecord->documentInfo.
but I need all layers info. and all учсузе targetCompositeChannels is NULL.
wbr Dmitry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2008 Oct 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For layers, you'll need to use the channel port interface.
See the SDK documentation for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for Your reply.
but I didn't understand about layers.
channel port interface give me the access to the pixels, but not to the layers information. I'll be able to use the user channel port interface for read that layer's image when read the layers RECT info. but I can't find routine for layers metadata..
I try to use ReadImageDocumentDesc (from documentInfo).
But as I wrote upper all the Lists are NULL (in Export and Filter plugins). may be I need to ask PS to give me this pointers (with AdvanceStateProc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found some information.
My PIGeneral.h file was very old... and i havn't ReadLayerDesc definition in it..
i found some information about layer(like a name, id, readchhanelport).
and how can i get layertype information? for example text of the text layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Channel Ports give you access to all the layers, channels, etc.

Please see the SDK documentation for how the channel port APIs work.
I don't believe you can get the raw text for a text layer -- because that's about 1% of the information needed to render the text layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for Your reply.

I took raw text from the layer name. but i didn't see the layer type (is that image, text).
i need to find a few types of layers: text, image, smartobject. and in a layer determine is it has a slices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2008 Nov 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not so simple to determine what is inside the layer. You need to use descriptors to get and try if there is various info in the layer.

The objects structure is not documented so it's hard exploring - but with "getter" plugin (in SDK) it's ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The same problem I am meet today,
getter is an automation plug-in, but for export plug-in, it seems it could not directly get layers inside a multilayer psd file. right?

export plug-in always be "Disabled" to use when coming across a multilayer psd file.

can any one give me some advices?

Could I develop export plug-in dependently to get all the layers information?
and, if I would need to use architecture like "automation" + "export", what should I do ?

Any help is appreciated!

Jerry Yu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For getting the layer structure an automation plug-in is the way to go this will give you the layer groups as well very easily. If you really need it in the Export menu I would suggest having a dummy Export that just fires a command and then have your automation plug-in listen for that. Kind of hacky but it seems you really want an export plug-in. If you don't want to go down the automation route you can get some information out of the documentInfo structure in the ExportRecord. This has a linked list of layers in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry, people!
What I had previously posted here moved to a new topic: "Performance of Export Layers to Files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines